Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Please, rate this comparison/progress(?) - How to take reliable pictures?

Kyte
 Kyte
Estimable Member

Goodmorning everyone,

PREMISE:

It has been a while I'm following this forum.

I warn you I am not an English speaker, so, constantly partecipating, takes me time and effort in order to sound as comprehensible as possible. I'll try my best to help

In addition I am rather reserved.

I am posting these to pictures that I PURPOSELY took quite randomly and please, rate them. Estimate the time span they have been taken. The ANGLES, LIGHTING, POSTURE..

I am working on layered transparent pictures as well, with way more similar angles. IT IS VERY HARD TO MAKE THEM REALISTIC. I want to figure out how to turn them into gifs.

( I even layered two pictures with only one day span in order to succesfully not recording progress)

SO HERE WE ARE

In one of them I was rather depressed since I've Just quitted a shitty job that I thought it to be more motivating than the previous one that I left for it (got it?).  That's the day 1. The other is taken today

Thay may be a bit blurred . I've just tryed to camouflage them
That's the same spot by the way 
Topic starter Posted : 09/03/2019 7:28 am
Freddie
Eminent Member

Good result ! 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/03/2019 8:53 am
mr.mewing
Estimable Member

Your mandible rotated more upwards good job over what time is this?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/03/2019 9:38 am
Pame
 Pame
Trusted Member

Did you lose any weight? If so how much?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/03/2019 2:08 pm
Kyte
 Kyte
Estimable Member
Posted by: Pame

Did you lose any weight? If so how much?

hi, I forgot to write about it... No, I didn't. Not in the time frame i took the picture. Just good tongue posture and hyoid bone lifted.  What do you think? 

This will help

I'm looking at the back of my head in particular... Looks like it developed horizontally rather than vertically... but how?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 09/03/2019 2:43 pm
ITZY_BITZY

left is the after right? there is actually a big difference.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/03/2019 10:14 pm
Kyte
 Kyte
Estimable Member
Posted by: ITZY_BITZY

left is the after right? there is actually a big difference.

Goodmorning, 

Yes, of course 🙂 , did you see the gif too ? 

I can't really see any difference in the positioning of the maxilla, BUT there's indeed an improvement in the overall shape of my head.

I can't understand why... It's just the hair? Camera distortion? Lighting should be the same...

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 10/03/2019 4:12 am
Bogdar
Eminent Member

To me, you are just jutting your mandible and your neck forward. I can improve my face instantly in the mirror with that "method" too. Am I wrong ? 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/03/2019 5:46 am
Kyte
 Kyte
Estimable Member
Posted by: Bogdar

To me, you are just jutting your mandible and your neck forward. I can improve my face instantly in the mirror with that "method" too. Am I wrong ? 

Hi,

no, I am not jutting my chin at all, maybe the neck, but that's not intentional. I was just trying to adjust the side of the face at the mirror.

But even if I was jutting the neck how do you explain that the back of  my head looks longer? The angle seems to be good... The eyebrows are matching

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 10/03/2019 9:32 am
elevee
Trusted Member

I see structural progress, with the left being much improved over the right. Congratulations! You must feel great. I see it most in the straightened nose and improved tone under the chin. Also....do you feel that improved breathing might have improved your complexion? Maybe it's coincidental, but the photo on the left has a complete absence of the blemishes that are visible on the right. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/03/2019 3:02 pm
AloeVera
Eminent Member

What do you think of this?

https://the-great-work.org/community/main-forum/tracking-your-progress-via-photos-an-idea/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/03/2019 3:47 pm
Kyte
 Kyte
Estimable Member
Posted by: elevee

I see structural progress, with the left being much improved over the right. Congratulations! You must feel great. I see it most in the straightened nose and improved tone under the chin. Also....do you feel that improved breathing might have improved your complexion? Maybe it's coincidental, but the photo on the left has a complete absence of the blemishes that are visible on the right. 

Hi,

The better tone under the chin is due to proper tongue posture. I used to mouthbreath a lot.

I can't see a straighter nose unfortunately. By constrast, I breath way better through the nose now.

My complexion keeps changing for some reasons... By coincidence I've been told that It looks great today.

In reality i don't see CONSISTENT changes. And I want to keep a bit skeptic.

Did you see the .gif I posted in a comment? Pay attention to the posture of my neck.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 10/03/2019 5:18 pm
Hetfield

Outstanding results, although your neck posture is still poor, combine the tongue posture with the chin tuck exercises and you must get better results.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/03/2019 11:56 am