fbpx
Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Please explain me about chin protusion

Saylorock
(@saylorock)
10+ Forum Posts

Could someone explain me (also with some really fast drawing if you want) why would mewing (and palatal expansion) make your chin more forward? I Don't undertstand if it's a relative movement between lower and upper jaw (i don't think because teeth are in the middle of a relative movement).

I'm mewing really hard and i'm pretty sure i gained at least 1mm of width (i have old cast to compare) and i would love so much to gain also more "anteface"

Topic starter Posted : 20/11/2018 4:01 pm
EddieMoney
(@eddiemoney)
500+ Forum Posts

Anteface is a meme. If you have a large mandible genetically an anteface will never be as noticeable as on someone with a small mandible.

But realistically chin projection can be improved via mewing because as the palate expands and rotates upward the mandible can adjust to the new forward position by just closing the bite in that new forward position. So relative to your nasion your chin will be more prominent. But it doesn't reshape the mandible itself and make your pogonion stronger no sir it does not. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/11/2018 2:59 am
Saylorock
(@saylorock)
10+ Forum Posts

okay this explanation about upper jaw rotating upward and so mandible following it it's really good and i understood. 

It's not a miracle but it would help alot, infact when i look up i really like my mandible2

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 21/11/2018 3:08 am

THE GREAT WORK