Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Pituitary gland and Maxilla development (Weston Price)  

RSS
Bogdar
Eminent Member

[edit: don't care about text in bold, I tried so hard to bold the right sentences but once updated the post don't want to bold what I bolded]

Hi everyone,

So I was reading that testimony where the guy doubled his b***s in size after months of mewing. He mentionned the pituitary gland being "activated" with a maxilla development, and it made me think about what I've read in Weston Price's book.

This book shows a "double direction" interaction between maxilla and the pituitary gland:

"The work recently done in this field by Dr. Hector Mortimer and his associates in McGill

University, Montreal, has included studies of skull development of rats. He has shown that the
surgical removal of the pituitary body at the base of the brain in very young rats produces regularly a certain type of defect in skull development. This has been characterized by a lack of development forward of the muzzle or face, with a narrowing of the nose and dental arches. He found that by the addition of extracts made from the pituitary glands, which he had removed surgically, he entirely prevented the development of these defects, thereby establishing the relation of the injury to deficiencies of the hormones developed by that organ."

It is the first "direction" of the relation, it could mean that, aside mechanical pressure posture etc, chemicals will affect palate's width.

He also talks about the lack of vitamin E:

"The changes observed [by vitamin E deficiency] are similar in several ways to those produced by hypophysectomy (removal of pituitary gland). Marked degranulation of the anterior pituitary is found in both the abnormal young and the adult sterile animals. Lack of vitamin E therefore produces a virtual nutritional hypophysectomy in the young rat."

Well, it shows the importance of vitamin E for good pituitary and therefor good hormonal balance. If we link it to Ray Peat's work on PUFAs (polyinsaturated fatty acids), we can guess that excess PUFAs negatively affects the pituitary and therefor the maxilla and palate. I'm only making link with what I know, we don't know how, don't know how much etc.

And more importantly, the other relation from maxilla to pituitary:

"A striking case is that of a boy sixteen years of age who was a typical Mongolian idiot. [...]
This boy at the age of sixteen was infantile in many of his
characteristics and developments. The genitals were those of a boy eight years old. The facial expression was that of the typical Mongolian idiot. By the Binet test he had a mentality of about four years. Roentgenograms of his hands showed that the epiphyseal bones had not united. [...]
The outstanding physical characteristic was his maxillary arch which was so much smaller than the mandibular arch that it went entirely inside it. In order to give him a masticating surface, and with the hope of helping him both physically and mentally, since several cases had greatly benefited by such an operation, I determined to widen his arch by moving the maxillary bones apart about one-half inch. "

This is the before/after 30 days / after 6 months pics

And what is shocking is the pic's legend:

"Aged sixteen,
infantile before, adolescent after operation. While he
improved mentally he was harmless before and a sex pervert
after operation and had to be placed in an institution."
And then:

"With the movement of the maxillary bones laterally, as shown progressively in Fig. 126, there was a very great change in his physical development and mentality. He grew three inches in about four months. His moustache started to grow immediately; and in twelve weeks' time the genitals developed from those of a child to those of a man, and with it a sense of modesty. His mental change was even more marked. The space between the maxillary bones was widened about one-half inch in about thirty days. This lateral pressure on the maxillary bones was accomplished by rigid attachments to the teeth of the two sides of the upper arch. The outward movement of the maxillary bones (which form the roof of the mouth and sides of the nose) by pressure on the temporal bones produced a tension downward on the floor of the anterior part of the brain, thus stimulating the pituitary gland in the base of the brain. In a few weeks' time he passed through stages that usually take several years."
This is it. Thought it could be interesting to share it on this forum, and have your thoughts / your experiences, and please if you have links/articles on the relation between pituitary and maxilla, share it !
Posted : 26/10/2018 3:31 pm
Halti.H

So do you think that the low functioning of the pituitary gland during puberty/development due to a recessed maxilla/face will prevent you from ever achieving the palate width and facial bone structure that you could have had if your pituitary gland had been functioning properly when you were developeding?

Do you think that if adults expand their palate and move their maxilla upwards by mewing that they'll be able to achieve the same potential? Intuitively I'd assume that your pituitary gland even if allowed to function properly during adulthood wouldn't cause the same effects on your face that would have been achieved if it had been functioning properly during development. Which makes me depressed.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/10/2018 4:49 pm
Bogdar
Eminent Member
Posted by: Halti.H

So do you think that the low functioning of the pituitary gland during puberty/development due to a recessed maxilla/face will prevent you from ever achieving the palate width and facial bone structure that you could have had if your pituitary gland had been functioning properly when you were developeding?

Do you think that if adults expand their palate and move their maxilla upwards by mewing that they'll be able to achieve the same potential? Intuitively I'd assume that your pituitary gland even if allowed to function properly during adulthood wouldn't cause the same effects on your face that would have been achieved if it had been functioning properly during development. Which makes me depressed.

I think after reading this that poor pituitary gland could cause poor maxilla development. But above all I think that pituitary function and so hormonal profile could be increased by properly mewing. I just think that if somehow you didn't have your entire puberty and you kept some "childish" trait, they could be improved by mewing.

I do think that there is no such "time limit" where none of your body will response to this kind of growth, as seen in this 16 years old that catch up years of development in only 30 days. IMO yes, even in adult growth can be observed physically AND mentally.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/10/2018 9:02 pm
wardellstephencurry

The testimony is from me haha.

Hard mewing basically "tricks" your body into thinking you are a developed person b/c developed people have properly developed airways/nasal passages and thus develop proper tongue posture from birth. Hard mewing is proper tongue posture, but on steroids! Almost as if the daily upward pressures of hard mewing is akin to a person with a stupidly wide dental arch who naturally applies the adequate forces from proper tongue posture over a wide surface area and also chews on tough, raw meat and plants (but x100 more force!).

Another good example is fertilizer. Healthy soils have abundant nitrogen-fixating bacteria. However, due to degradation of our top soils this is no longer the case. Now we use fertilizer to "trick" the plant into thinking the soil is very fertile and thus can benefit from the fertilizer and grow.

Our bodies are somewhat "dumb" and just react to the wild signals we give it. Having a maxilla that is compact (from the strong pressures from proper tongue posture and tough chewing overtime) is the ideal form for the sphenoid bone to apply pressure to the pituitary gland to release its hormones. We are tricking our bodies into thinking we are a developed, robust human being when we really aren't, but now we get their hormonal profiles for our benefit.

We hacked the human body into growing, when in reality we should be regressing due to poorly developed faces at birth.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/10/2018 11:39 pm
Banknote liked
auxiliary7
Eminent Member

I'd say both the bone movement and the fix of the breathing problems contributed to more deep sleep and growth hormone excretion. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/10/2018 12:46 pm
Banknote liked
Rockyp33
Reputable Member

holy [Rude Language or Insults are not tolerated] mind blowing article

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/10/2018 3:24 am
EddieMoney
Reputable Member

I am 32 and grew like half an inch since last year. I say this because I can reach things above me I wasn't able to reach before. Also, when I hang from pullup bars my feet touch the floor where previously they would be floating mid air. 

I also think neck and spine posture being in better alignment have more to do with height increases. That being said, I welcome more height gains. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/11/2018 11:45 am
Banknote liked
auxiliary7
Eminent Member
Posted by: EddieMoney

I am 32 and grew like half an inch since last year. I say this because I can reach things above me I wasn't able to reach before. Also, when I hang from pullup bars my feet touch the floor where previously they would be floating mid air. 

I also think neck and spine posture being in better alignment have more to do with height increases. That being said, I welcome more height gains. 

Any chance you supplement K2? 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/11/2018 4:10 pm
EddieMoney
Reputable Member
Posted by: auxiliary7

No. Am broke  at the moment so no extra supps

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/11/2018 8:07 pm
auxiliary7
Eminent Member

Damn I wonder just how compressed can the whole vertebrae become... Half inch is a lot!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/11/2018 8:32 am
EddieMoney
Reputable Member

Damn I wonder just how compressed can the whole vertebrae become... Half inch is a lot!

Yeah but most of my life I have had bad posture . Like terrible. To the point where proper posture just feels weird and like straining. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/11/2018 3:52 pm
FutureModel
Trusted Member

Wow, and all of this was because he widened his maxilla/palate? Widened the dental arches half an inch (12.7mm)?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/11/2018 3:59 pm
EddieMoney
Reputable Member

Why is his lower jaw so jutted in the after pic, though?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/11/2018 2:25 pm