Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Peculiar recent sensations upon waking up  

RSS
noises
Eminent Member

I thought I’d share something potentially interesting. I’ve experimented with sleeping without a pillow in the past but wasn’t very successful with it, I had trouble falling asleep and would often wake up lying on my stomach. Last week however I accidentally fell asleep without a pillow and when I woke up, my head felt surprisingly supported (as if using a pillow) and I thought I was breathing through my mouth when actually my lips were tightly sealed (with tongue against the roof of the mouth). Most importantly, I felt a lot of tension in my face. So I started sleeping without a pillow and would wake up to the same sensations every morning for a few days. It’s a very peculiar feeling. Then I had trouble falling asleep without a pillow again so I started using one and didn’t experience this again. I do wake up with proper oral posture but don’t feel that tension, nor do I feel like I’m breathing through my mouth when I’m not. 

This reminds me of the weird speculation there was about Brad Pitt, how he supposedly slept on the floor at a friend’s house for some period of time recently and consequently his facial form started looking better. While all of that sounds pretty ridiculous, I feel pretty confident that these sensations I experienced could be a sign of faster progress.

Posted : 01/06/2020 9:11 am
Silver
Trusted Member

What position did you wake up in without a pillow? Supine?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/06/2020 3:02 pm
noises
Eminent Member

Yes

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/06/2020 3:25 pm