Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Palate Starting to Scab After 2 Days of Mewing. + Other Questions

Swag123

Question #1: I hope I've been mewing correctly, am I pushing to hard from what you can tell from the picture below?

Question #2: Is my tongue supposed to touch my teeth like this?

Question #3: I feel like I can get the back portion of my tongue to the roof of my mouth but I this gives my a lot of trouble with breathing how can I improve? 

Thanks for your help.

Topic starter Posted : 14/06/2019 8:00 pm
Freddie
Eminent Member

Your tongue should not touch your teeth. Try to say the letter n and keep your tongue where it goes. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/06/2019 8:41 pm
Swag123

For sure thanks, should it not touch while swallowing etc. either?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 14/06/2019 9:26 pm
darkindigo
Reputable Member

I don’t know.  It looks like it hurts.  2 days is fast.  How are you pressing?  Your palate looks low and narrow, but photos can be deceiving.  What’s your intermolar width?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/06/2019 9:55 pm
Swag123

@darkindigo

Haven't measured yet... I was just hard mewing my A off without realizing it. I'm gonna chill on that. I'm pretty sure my palate could be much bigger as my tongue covers the majority of the surface area of my teeth if I spread it out across them you know. Let me know what you think.

Also, for the record, I'm 19 and wear Invisalign retainers now after having had my braces taken off but before that my teeth were JACKED UP. I also have had 4 tooth extractions which the orthodontist claimed would help my face (not my molars those grew in flush). With the mewing knowledge you have accumulated thus far, would you say I should drop the retainers and soft mew and/or hard mew? Or is it risky and my teeth will shift back. Thanks for your time 🙂

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 15/06/2019 1:19 am