Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

only can feel my right masseter muscle  

RSS
mr.mewing
Estimable Member

i can only i feel my right masseter also if i che on the left side i feel my right masseter i even got some kind of TMD issues 

what could have happend?

Posted : 28/11/2019 1:10 pm
printfactory
Eminent Member

Same thing here. My right masseter always burns when I chew gum, even when I chew on the left side and meanwhile my left masseter feels like it barely contracts.

possible reasons in my case:

- class 1 molar relationship on the right, class 2 on the left side -> stronger bite force on the right

- right ramus is longer, so the right masseter might be activated more during chewing motions

What I don´t understand is why my left cheekbone is more prominent and my arch is wider on the left side and yet ramus + masseter are bigger on the right.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/11/2019 1:33 pm
QuantumFizzix

@printfactory

I read somewhere that masseter muscles effect opposite sides of the face. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/11/2019 1:01 am
MewJaw

@quantumfizzix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUTdkIadiVY&feature=youtu.be

54:00 onwards

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/11/2019 2:26 pm
printfactory
Eminent Member

Wow thank you, that explains it perfectly!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/11/2019 5:44 pm