Forum

A face and skull development community. To send personal messages to other community users or check your own messages: Click on their username and then click on their “site profile” link

Nutrition  

(@apollo)
Eminent Member

I believe my diet is pretty healthy. Besides the occasional indulgence, I approximate a paleo philosophy with a lot of vegetables, meats, fruits, healthy fats, prebiotics, and fermented foods, while minimizing grains, added sugars, artificial sweeteners, and processed foods. I am beginning to wonder if there are any specific foods or supplements that I should take to enhance bone repositioning and remodeling. For example, as the midpalatal suture separates, I assume we want the bones to grow and fill in the gap? If so, what nutrients does the body need to promote such growth? Vitamin D3, K2, calcium, magnesium? Should I be drinking bone broth or eating organ meats? I haven't found much about this topic in the breakthematrix forum or the claimingpower site. CP discusses a specific diet in this article ( http://claimingpower.com/comfrety-root-accelerated-bone-repair/ ), but I'm not sure what to make of it. I'd really appreciate if anyone could give me ideas of what they take and why, or point me to relevant resources. Thanks!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/01/2018 10:35 pm
(@apollo)
Eminent Member

I noticed @test151515 recommends intermittent fasting. I already eat only two meals per day between the hours of 1pm and 8pm. That leaves about 17 hours of fasting per day. I know this isn't as intense a fasting schedule as some adhere to, but I think anything more rigorous might undermine my compliance. @test151515 suggests that the intermittent fasting increases HGH levels and he believes this has improved his results.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/01/2018 10:56 pm
(@apollo)
Eminent Member

Both Claimingpower (  http://claimingpower.com/comfrety-root-accelerated-bone-repair/  ) and Plato (  http://jawpain-tmjtreatment.com/ ) mention the Weston A. Price Foundation Diet ( http://www.westonaprice.org/ ). This seems to be largely consistent with my interpretation of a "paleo" approach from Mark Sisson ( https://www.marksdailyapple.com/ ) and others. Both advocate intake of saturated animal fats, coconut oil, olive oil and other healthy fats along with pasture-raised meats and dairy, vegetables, and fruits, facilitating the absorption of fat-soluble nutrients. The Price diet seems to emphasize the utility of supplementing fish liver oils while minimizing the utility of fish oil.

Edited: 2 weeks  ago
ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/01/2018 5:35 pm TGW liked
(@allixa)

I could go on and on about nutrition as it is something I have been researching myself for almost a decade now. At this point I am confident that I have it figured out, at least enough to give good advice.

To keep things short and simple the main goal is to eat as much healthy food as possible while following your instincts in order to boost your metabolism to its limit. Once your metabolism is very high, your body will be able to make changes like putting on muscle or changing your facial bones with ease. It needs fuel and energy to do these things; you have to provide this through a diet of abundance.

The paleo movement gets a lot right but also a lot wrong. They are correct to cut out PUFAs, refined sugar (like table sugar), and wheat, but focus too much on meats and vegetables, and not enough on dairy, starches, and fruits/honey.

Fasting can be dangerous as well. Most of the benefits that people get from fasting actually come from the fact that they are no longer eating toxic foods during their fasting window. If your diet is full of only good foods you should be able to eat whenever you want with no issue, and this will actually help you get results more quickly.

I would recommend to start reading at perfecthealthdiet.com. Here's a summary of the diet. They have a book you can read as well. They don't get everything right either, but it's a much better place to start than paleo or WAPF.

Like I said I could go on for a long time on this topic. If you have any specific questions just let me know, otherwise I am going to stop now so that I don't overload you with information.

Edited: 1 day  ago
ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/01/2018 5:33 pm Apollo liked
(@apollo)
Eminent Member
Posted by: Allixa

To keep things short and simple the main goal is to eat as much healthy food as possible while following your instincts in order to boost your metabolism to its limit. Once your metabolism is very high, your body will be able to make changes like putting on muscle or changing your facial bones with ease. It needs fuel and energy to do these things; you have to provide this through a diet of abundance.

I definitely agree with the concept of supplying the body with an abundance of healthy, nutrient-dense food! Can you explain more of what you mean by "following your instincts in order to boost your metabolism to its limit?" Thanks for introducing me to the Perfect Health Diet. I'll read more, but it looks interesting! I already eat a lot of dairy and fruits, but I tend to avoid honey and other added sweeteners, and starches other than resistant prebiotics.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/01/2018 10:02 pm
(@allixa)

What I mean by following your instincts when it comes to food is learning how to get in tune with your body and knowing what your body needs and what it is craving. I guess you could call it intuitive eating. The idea is to know what fuel your body needs at any particular meal in order to give you the biggest boost possible. Over time with good eating you should be able to access new planes of health that you haven't been at before. A lot of the time I see people who have taken in too much misinformation actively fighting their body's instincts and cravings because they are scared of food or are scared to eat too much for fear of calories or fats or whatever.

The real key is to have full belief in the foods you have decided to make part of your diet and then to eat them in the amounts that your body tells you that it needs them. Only your body can truly know what it needs and when it needs it.

Starches are interesting .. most of them are bad but a few are great. When you do more reading on the website I linked maybe you'll come around to them. Honey can be good for you as well if you can find local raw honey. But my advice would be for any changes you want to make to your diet to go very slowly and make up your own mind by seeing the effects first hand.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/01/2018 1:14 am Apollo liked
(@progress)
Member Moderator

Interesting, intuitive eating is what I've been graviting towards for a while now. I have spent whole 2010s experimenting with various dietary perspectives such as low carb, low fat, eating a certain amount of calories etc, and I think it has only had negative effect on my wellbeing. Stressing over food intake is possibly more harmful to health in the long term than most harmful foods, because in the end stress is very anti-metabolic and anything that weakens metabolism fastens aging, leads to diseasess and decreases wellbeing. So I agree with the importance of keeping metabolism running as efficiently as possible.

However, there's still one aspect of intuitive eating for maximized metabolism that I am unsure about. Allixa, what would you do if you had no hunger, or vague hunger with no specific craving? If I go by hunger alone, I often end up undereating and activating stress hormones. Intuitively, it would make some sense to eat less until you crave more. I would LIKE to think that my body knows what it wants. But, us being so detached from the nature and surrounded by modern foreign stressors, how reasonable is it to go purely by what the body tells you? Should I force-eat against the will of my body in an attempt to increase metabolism, or focus on living more closely to how I have evolved to live, and let the normal functioning of the hunger system take over?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/01/2018 12:07 pm
(@allixa)

You are right on the money with your first paragraph. Then with the second paragraph you manage to point out one of the biggest flaws with intuitive eating and that is that sometimes your body and your cravings do not cooperate and are not helpful.

The two most common reasons that a person might have a low appetite with only vague hunger are anemia and having a non optimal gut biome. The two usually go hand in hand as well, almost like a domino effect. There could be other reasons for a low appetite as well like poor tooth occlusion, stress, and improper circadian rhythm too, but that's up to you to figure out for yourself.

Anyways, if it is anemia which you can kind of tell by how much color your face has without a tan, the best way to solve that is to eat a lot of lightly cooked red meats and organs. I'm talking about medium rare steaks, rare livers, etc. The meat should still be bloody and red, this is very important. If your digestion is very weak there is a chance you can't digest red meats and at that point you should focus more on organs like liver. Someone actually won the nobel prize in medicine for discovering that some patients could only be cured of anemia by eating liver (in this link the doctor describes actually curing patients who had the exact same symptoms that you described earlier just through feeding liver). Liver is also very important for the skeletal changes we are trying to make here as it contains the activator X that W. Price referred to, which is actually vitamin A (animal form only). I try to eat liver at least once a week, usually from chickens as it is easier to eat those more often than cow liver for various reasons.

On the other hand, if it is bad flora holding you back, then you can solve that by eating more prebiotic foods, avoiding foods that feed the bad bacteria like sugars and refined foods, and by taking some probiotics if you think they might help you.

Those are just my guesses at what might help you. They might not apply to your situation so experiment and see what kind of changes you can make.

Edited: 6 hours  ago
ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/01/2018 2:23 pm

Leave a reply

Working

Please Login or Register

For research and dissemination I will be collecting in this community the adult expansion, cranial adjustment, NCR, and face-pulling results. I implore our community users to keep accurate records for themselves and others; these can include dental/palate impressions, before/after pictures, X-Rays and 3D scans.

The purpose of this collection is for use as evidence for theories proposed here. This collection will only be re-posted on this community and will not be submitted anywhere else.

For those looking into expansion and movement in the near future, please consider keeping records for your own sake and for others. Pictures of dental impressions alone can be very helpful.

If you have successfully completed any expansion/movement of facial bones and have any of the above records, please submit them to the community with your personal story of what you did and what the results were (use multiple posts if necessary). Palate expansion, Maxilla movement up and forward, development of the orbital rims, zygomatic, and mandible / jawline are of specific interest. Please ensure that pictures are taken with the same angle, distance, and lighting: This will allow the community to see sharper jawline, higher cheekbones, decrease in dark circles under eyes, changes in nose shape, a more oval face, and improved symmetry.

If you wish to share anonymously, please send me a personal message and we will arrange an anonymous transfer. If you do not have any records to share,  your personal experience is also very valuable. Please tell us what you have done and what the results were.

Your input could help many, many people