Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Numbing sensations in my maxilla and other weird stuff while mewing - please help  

RSS
Loliboly
Estimable Member

Sorry if this post feels like spam. Anyways: A while back, I wrote about how I started having strong sensations in my face while mewing. https://the-great-work.org/community/main-forum/intense-sensations-should-i-get-worried-or-excited/

This last week, the intensity of these has skyrocketed. They are now super strong, to the point where I am having difficulty falling asleep. I have never felt anything like it before.

Teeth: Mostly felt in the upper jaw, but also the lower one. Feels like something is being thrusted between them, like I am flossing multiple teeth at once. This is most evident between my front teeth, which sometimes feel like they are being split apart. My half erupted wisdom teeth(right side) is also feeling sore, like when it first started erupting, and it hurts.

Nose: Feels like it is being lifted up. I can feel pressure radiate in what I believe is my vomer bone, and it feels like it is being pushed to the right side of my face. The pressure may extend down between my front teeth. 

Maxilla: Feels pressure radiate all throughout the whole of my maxilla.

Zygomatic bones: Feel like they are being lifted up and sometimes a little pulled apart, relative to each other. They may sometimes hurt a little as well.

Spheniod and/or temporal bones: Can’t decide which bone it is, but I feel strong pressure on the side of my temples.

Frontal bones: Sensations here are mostly localised in my brow ridge, but may also manifest in the middle of the bone. May sometimes get headaches, localised in this part.

In addition to all this, I am feeling numb in the area around my maxilla. This may extend around my eyes, up into the brow ridge. This sensation started appearing in my cheekbones and nose, and initially felt more like a warm tingling. It has now spread out all over the maxilla, as the days have gone by. I may add that in general, my right side seems to be somewhat more susceptible experiencing anything than my left.

What the heck is going in here?

Posted : 17/11/2020 1:44 pm
Topic Tags
Progress
Member Moderator
Posted by: @loliboly

What the heck is going in here?

Who really knows? Sounds like you are deep in uncharted territory! Has your occlusion or appearance changed at all during this time? Have you been experiencing any psychological changes? Do these symptoms ease if you interrupt oral posture?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/11/2020 3:37 pm
Loliboly
Estimable Member

@progress

Yeah, it feels a bit scary, haha!

Yesterday it felt like my occlusion had changed somewhat, but upon reflection I have realised that I am rather just becoming more aware of how my palette feels. So far, no physical changes has been taking place. But then again, this hasn’t gone on for more than a week. The same is to be said of any clear psychological changes. I do sometimes feel like my nostrils can inhale a lager stream of air, but it is hard for me to make a clear judgement about this, since the strong pressure inside and beneath my nose may just give an illusion of this.

The pressure disappears as soon as I lower my tongue from my palate, but the feeling of numbness lingers for a short duration of time. It all comes back more or less immediately as I begging to engage my tongue.

As I wake up, the sensations of pressure seems to be present, but in bypass mode. They quickly spike as I start to apply more pressure. The numbing feeling comes back in a few minutes. As the day progress, the intensity subtly increases, leaving me both worried and excited at the end of the day .

For the record, I would say that I have been practicing hard/medium mewing(combined with a strong suction)more or less constantly during these days.

Thought: Could the numbness be a result of blood vessels being constricted due to my maxilla moving and pressing against them? It feels just like when one has been siting for to long and the glutes becomes numb.

Also, this experience has brought to mind Jamos description of having a sore skull, and how the muscle/bone mind conception he emphasised. It makes me inclined to keep perusing this path, since I seem the be experiencing something similar. But I am also afraid that I will mess something up if I do. What do you reckon?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/11/2020 5:38 pm
Progress
Member Moderator

Thought: Could the numbness be a result of blood vessels being constricted due to my maxilla moving and pressing against them?

Doesn't sound that far-fetched. Is your skin numb too?

What do you reckon?

At the very least, keep an eye for any unwanted outcomes. Some have developed tinnitus and TMJ-issues from going too hard or progressing too fast, even in spite of positive aesthetic changes. While features being lifted up sounds like a good thing, the numbness does seem potentially alarming. Though if this numbness evolved from what was originally warm tingling, the situation may be quite benign.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/11/2020 7:35 pm
Loliboly
Estimable Member
Posted by: @progress

Doesn't sound that far-fetched. Is your skin numb too?

Not that I can’t tell. And that seems strange to me, since the feeling is more or less synonymous to local anaesthesia or a sleeping arm. I suppose it could be a matter of nerves, too. 

While features being lifted up sounds like a good thing, the numbness does seem potentially alarming. Though if this numbness evolved from what was originally warm tingling, the situation may be quite benign.

Could you bother to elaborate on this? Is warm tingling a sign of something positive, in general? If I recall correctly, you and a few other discussed this in the original thumb pulling-thread, and someone suggested this could be a sign of compressed nerve endings being freed up and getting used to their newfound space.

By the way, I am start to get convinced that my upper right wisdom teeth eruption has progressed. I am pretty sure that I can feel a little bit more of the teeth with my tongue than I previously could. The signs of eruption has increased as well: the gum surrounding it has become more sore, and I can really feel something being pulled out as my tongue presses against my palate. In addition to this, I am starting to have similar sensations in the rest of my wisdom teeth, including my mandible.  Maybe this is a sign that something good is happening, after all.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/11/2020 10:46 am
Progress
Member Moderator

Could you bother to elaborate on this? Is warm tingling a sign of something positive, in general?

Just saying that if you are to feel anything at all, warm tingling sounds much better than sharp pain! Eruption of wisdom teeth at least is an undeniably good sign.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/11/2020 8:04 am
Loliboly liked
Loliboly
Estimable Member

True, true. The progression from tingling to numbness was in fact somewhat pleasurable at first, since it felt like my skin/face/bones(still unclear) sort of got a high, if that makes any sense. But it become a bit overwhelming, as all of the sensations increased in intensity. I however had to back of a bit yesterday, because of fatigue. Starting again today, the sensations feel more pleasurable, so I have decided to keep going on. It is really interesting actually. It sort of feels like the hard tissue of my palate/the bottom of my nose is being stretched out, as if I where stretching a tense muscle. And if I am not tricking my self, it feels like my teeth are reacting to this, as though they are being ‘set free’(I have very crowded teeth). Another interesting thing is that I am getting similar sensations in the area where my left bottom wisdom teeth sat(before it was extracted), as I get in the rest of my wisdom teeth. It will be interesting to see what this leads to.

Anyways, thanks for the input!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/11/2020 12:33 pm