Share:

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Nosebleeds and Deviated Septums  

RSS
Arkey
(@arkey)

I have been switching up my mewing recently, taking advice from @Tomaazo and another fella from the orthotropics subreddit. I have been putting my effort into really engaging the root of my tongue. When I find it harder to breath, I know that my tongue is engaged properly.

I have been able to do this all day without too much trouble thanks to my months of training my tongue with hard mewing, and I'm finding that it's already making my teeth feel similar to back when I had braces.

Anyways, to my point, this morning I awoke with a nosebleed. I never have nosebleeds, just never been one of those people, and so I took notice.

Now I remember reading elsewhere that although our bones only grow to their maximum size through correct posture and pressure (at least in the face), our tissues grow to their maximum size automatically. So people with poor oral posture often end up with deviated septums because their septum has outgrown their nose and maxilla! Apparently most people are walking around with deviated septums.

As my mewing has progressed, I have found myself breathing through both nostrils for really the first time in my life - in the past I could only breath through one nostril at a time, and I was lucky to have one nostril to breathe through at night! But now, after mewing for a while, I find even at night both of my nostrils are unblocked (although one still takes in more air than the other).

I also read that deviated septums can cause nosebleeds, as they cause the air to move differently through our noses, and therefore dry out surfaces of the skin inside the nostrils which makes them delicate and prone to bleeding.

So my theory is that at long last, my bones are starting to accommodate my oversized septum, and this is causing it to change position, consequently irritating and drying out new skin, which has lead to my nosebleeds.

Of course, this could all be false! But I would be interested to know what other people thought, or whether anyone had had a similar experience. I was thinking that if other people have experienced this as part of their mewing journey, we could start thinking of nosebleeds as an indicator of the face reshaping. I get though that I might just be reading into a nosebleed too much though!

Posted : 01/04/2019 11:15 am
Share:

As you undergo correction in the near future, please consider keeping records for your own sake and for others. Pictures of dental impressions, scans, medical reports reports can be very helpful even with all personally identifying information blocked out.

Your input could help many, many people

Face Development

Working

Please Login or Register