Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Nose pushing?

Skull
Trusted Member

I just thought of a not so clever idea to straighten the nose, what if you push with your fingers the bump area downwards, for 30mins a day. Do you think it would cause any difference? Or maybe it would affect the maxilla pushing it down too?

Topic starter Posted : 27/05/2018 3:56 pm
Skull
Trusted Member

I might experiment with this and let you know what happens

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 27/05/2018 3:58 pm
Keengo
Trusted Member

Straighten? Crooked nose is often from deviated septums. You can buy some crappy/cheap nose straightening thing online that will do that for you, but it just goes back to the same shape again once removed usually.

I have a bump too but care more about the nose being straight than sticking out just a pinch.

If it's still too big that's what rhino is for, but it's pretty expensive and easy to screw up.

But go ahead and report progress. I like the idea of nose molding theory helping avoid $7K of rhinoplasty.

** The face pulling "bag method" -- https://the-great-work.org/community/main-forum/face-pulling/#post-3902 **
** Keengo Chin Tuck method w/force (WIP)-- https://the-great-work.org/community/main-forum/chin-tuck-with-added-force-chin-tuck-2-0-new-theory-inside/ **

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/05/2018 4:13 pm
Skull
Trusted Member

Those cheap crappy straighteners are useless, they just push your cartilage but you remain the same in reality, I'm looking for an improvement in breathing and aesthetics too of course, but permanent changes, by pushing the nasal bone, which is the upper part of the nose. But I don't know it might be a silly idea, I'm just curious

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 27/05/2018 4:39 pm
Greensmoothies
Estimable Member

Don't design your own exercise because there might be an unintended consequence. Maybe pushing in this area the wrong way could result in a wider and longer nose. Even with the nose exercises you can read about online intended to exercise the muscles nearby for a certain aesthetic result, there are so many complaints about results you can read, which indicates to me that a lot can go wrong.

Mewing will eventually lift the nasal bone.

Remember this pain... and let it activate you.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/05/2018 7:03 pm
Skull liked
Skull
Trusted Member

Alright, I won't do it. Thank you

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 27/05/2018 10:08 pm
Skull
Trusted Member

Never,

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 27/05/2018 10:09 pm
Keengo
Trusted Member
Posted by: Skull

Those cheap crappy straighteners are useless, they just push your cartilage but you remain the same in reality, I'm looking for an improvement in breathing and aesthetics too of course, but permanent changes, by pushing the nasal bone, which is the upper part of the nose. But I don't know it might be a silly idea, I'm just curious

Not really useless, no. If your nose is crooked it can make it more symmetrical, even if temporary. The hard thing is finding one that isn't some bunk/defective clip that doesn't hold/fit right. It's nowhere near as good as a legit rhino could be in fixing a big/super crooked nose, but for some slight symmetry gains it can prove to be good for the price.

** The face pulling "bag method" -- https://the-great-work.org/community/main-forum/face-pulling/#post-3902 **
** Keengo Chin Tuck method w/force (WIP)-- https://the-great-work.org/community/main-forum/chin-tuck-with-added-force-chin-tuck-2-0-new-theory-inside/ **

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/05/2018 12:11 am