Forum

Neymarjr10 method  

RSS
Skull
(@skull)
Trusted Member

I just learnt about this  http://claimingpower.com/about-neymarjr10-his-maxilla-advancement-technique/ and it made me deeply intrigued. Has anyone bought his method ?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/05/2018 8:00 pm
Apollo
(@apollo)
Reputable Member
Posted by: TGW
Posted by: Apollo

Funny, I remember noticing that comment too, and I remember experimenting with inserting my thumbs inside my mouth behind the zygomatic processes and pulling up and forward for a few sessions. It feels intriguing, but I've never been able to make much progress from finger pressure alone on the teeth/alveolar ridge or the zygomatic processes. I think the commenter was trying to figure out that mysterious "Neymarjr technique" mentioned in that article that CP eventually abandoned and we never really learned about. The hints suggested that it involved temporary anchorage devices (TADS), since it required "minor surgery." So this comment seems to be alluding to the idea that you could insert the TADS into the zygomatic processes rather than the alveolar ridge and use that as the attachment point for extra-oral traction. I doubt that was actually Neymarjr's "revolutionary" method. But his reports of dramatic results were compelling.

The neymar fiasco was a scam, and everything that he said can be dismissed. The userbase was desperate for results, and a person shows up describing an incredible secret new technique that they built themselves. Neymar also said that he was under 20 and in school. Somehow this amateur school child convinces a surgeon to just do whatever he asked, and to pay him out of pocket. Then this incredible prodigy - despite absolutely stunning results and the ability to convince surgeons to play with his face - is unable to show any before-after X-rays or pictures (which the surgeon would obviously have taken). 

Other accounts appear shilling for the product, culminating in neymjar requesting thousands of dollars from desperate people via email. The blog then promotes this technique in a post. Of course, you have to send your money pretty much anonymously to someone living in Brazil - right. Once (Reportedly) dozens of people had sent in their thousands of dollars, CP disappears from updating his website, the comments sections become unusable. I contacted Neymar myself, and the website link he sent me (maxillamethod.com) is now up for sale.

CP started trying to juice people for money right away with his website, starting off with a paid forum that people kept having trouble cancelling their memberships to. I bought the membership, looked around, and was thoroughly disappointed that I had been tricked into thinking I would see results there.  Couple that with the fact that his career was in marketing, he was offering the whole "Give me your email for a free ebook" crap - As soon as he got visitors his main intent was to start pulling as much money out of the userbase as possible.

Either neymar scammed everyone (including CP, who allowed his users to be targeted for a scam), or CP and a friend scammed people together. For tens of thousands of dollars. Fortunately I do not think the number of people scammed is as high as they reported - they simply made up fake participants to give the feeling of legitimacy. 

If it walks like a scam, quacks like a scam, shows no proof like a scam, asks for thousands of dollars sent to Brazil like a scam, then completely disappears with no trace for over a year like a scam... Neymar was scam. And CP should be ashamed for either being a part of it, or allowing to happen to his users. 

CP later reported that he had stopped using the method because it was causing him problems, and Neymar seemed to be frustrated with him in later comments, so I don't think CP was necessarily part of the scam. I feel grateful for what I learned from his website (without paying for membership) and the community in its comments section when there weren't a lot of other resources available, but this was an unfortunate situation, and it is interesting that he stopped posting soon after. Here's a relevant comment from the BTM forum:

Posted by: PaperBag
Posted by: reenochrobinson

From what I can tell, CP hasn't written a new post since January, and Neymarjr10 hasn't made any comments on the site since July of last year. I think it's now fair to surmise that Neymar's technique isn't the panacea he claimed, but I'm still curious about it. With all of the talk of preliminary minor surgical procedures, my best guess is that he combined temporary skeletal anchorage devices (TSADs) with extra oral traction (basically facepulling from micro-screws directly in the maxilla). Perhaps CP had one of his TSADs come loose from pulling too aggressively and that's why he would have required another surgery to continue. Since Neymar supposedly enrolled others to try his method, I wonder what changes they have achieved or if they also encountered problems.

Do you think my theory makes sense? I am envisioning securing a few micro-scews into the arch of the maxilla behind the lips, somehow affixing a removable facebow, and then using elastics to pull up and out on a crane/headgear. Does that sound feasible? Any ideas for how to make this operational?

A few commenters in the Maxilla Method articles seemed to give away the idea that anchorage devices were used in the treatment, so it is most likely something along those lines. I figured CP injured himself by pulling too much or too hard when his previous results hadn't solidified/healed yet. AFIAK, Neymar has no website and none of his supposed clients have said anything about trying his method out. I wouldn't trust him to deliver on either of those.

CP not writing since January can't really be blamed. After all, he's in the same boat as most everyone else and doesn't have all the answers, plus there's only so much to say about craniofacial dystrophy. He's still around to approve comments from somebody plugging their own guide for $39, which is kind of amusing.

Edited: 1 week  ago
ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/05/2018 8:09 pm
Skull
(@skull)
Trusted Member

I'm suddenly not as intrigued haha, thank you!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/05/2018 8:43 pm
Apollo
(@apollo)
Reputable Member
Posted by: Skull

I'm suddenly not as intrigued haha, thank you!

Yeah, we would have heard more about it by now if it really was as revolutionary as claimed, but it's still a good mystery, and makes you wonder if there was some underlying concept that could be salvaged. Although, the hint about requiring minor surgery makes me think I probably wouldn't be trying to incorporate it into my routine even if I knew what it was, since who would agree to perform the procedure for some experimental application?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/05/2018 8:52 pm Skull liked
Skull
(@skull)
Trusted Member

I agree. I would't either. Let's stick to mewing

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/05/2018 9:17 pm
Allixa
(@allixa)
Reputable Member

Posted by: Apollo

Yeah, we would have heard more about it by now if it really was as revolutionary as claimed, but it's still a good mystery, and makes you wonder if there was some underlying concept that could be salvaged. Although, the hint about requiring minor surgery makes me think I probably wouldn't be trying to incorporate it into my routine even if I knew what it was, since who would agree to perform the procedure for some experimental application?

When I look up 'maxillary protraction surgery' on Google I get some results like this:

It seems to be a decently well known technique among certain orthodontists and facial surgeons. I don't know how legit it is though.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/05/2018 10:30 pm
PaperBag
(@paperbag)
Trusted Member

I was going to say his method was probably face pulling with the maxilla as the anchor, but that above photo could have been it. (though Neymar was thrilled to claim that he owned the revolutionary patent-pending idea, whatever it was)

He actually did have a website, my brother found it and said it was extremely ugly. It was only up for a few days or so and had next to no information. Never mind his movie villain routine against anyone who dared to question him, another funny thing was how the price of his method kept climbing up despite nothing more being revealed about it. From $500 to several thousand over the course of a few weeks.

Whether or not Neymar actually had a good idea probably won't be known, but this forum is the best resource for investigating a lot of different and new methods.

Edited: 1 week  ago
ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/05/2018 10:43 pm

For research and dissemination I will be collecting in this community the adult expansion, cranial adjustment, NCR, and face-pulling results. I implore our community users to keep accurate records for themselves and others; these can include dental/palate impressions, before/after pictures, X-Rays and 3D scans.

The purpose of this collection is for use as evidence for theories proposed here. This collection will only be re-posted on this community and will not be submitted anywhere else.

For those looking into expansion and movement in the near future, please consider keeping records for your own sake and for others. Pictures of dental impressions alone can be very helpful.

If you have successfully completed any expansion/movement of facial bones and have any of the above records, please submit them to the community with your personal story of what you did and what the results were (use multiple posts if necessary). Palate expansion, Maxilla movement up and forward, development of the orbital rims, zygomatic, and mandible / jawline are of specific interest. Please ensure that pictures are taken with the same angle, distance, and lighting: This will allow the community to see sharper jawline, higher cheekbones, decrease in dark circles under eyes, changes in nose shape, a more oval face, and improved symmetry.

If you wish to share anonymously, please send me a personal message and we will arrange an anonymous transfer. If you do not have any records to share,  your personal experience is also very valuable. Please tell us what you have done and what the results were.

Your input could help many, many people

Face Development

Working

Please Login or Register