Forum

NOTICE:

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Next Q&A Response Video?  

RSS
Alex
 Alex
(@alee)

Do you know if there will be another Q&A Video?

Thank you

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/01/2018 9:35 am
TGW
 TGW
(@admin)
TGW Admin Admin

Mike said he is willing to do another, we'll see when. No timeline yet, but you can just write your question here for now and I'll check this thread as well before submitting questions when it happens.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/01/2018 11:03 am
Yegor_L
(@yegor_l)
Eminent Member

Dr. Mew, first of all you are doing great work despite all the pushback from the mainstream orthodontics community; you have many supporters. In regards to the mewing technique, I understand the physical mechanisms that take place to cause upward/forward maxillary growth and mandibular upswing, but you have said before that an increase in ramus length also accompanies this. What is the actual mechanism/forces that causes the ramus to increase in length in conjunction with these other changes? 

Also does the growth associated with mewing happen mainly through sutural growth or through general skeletal remodeling?

Thanks

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/01/2018 12:41 pm
Alex
 Alex
(@alee)

Thank you for your helpfulness and hard work. Nice to see that also normal people like us can have a role.
I've seen every single video of Mike but I could not find the answer, this is why I'am asking here.

(This is the question for Mike that I had already asked)

If the face grows vertically, does the maxilla get longer? Does the nose get longer as well as a consequence?
It would be interesting to know if the maxilla really gets longer and if as a consequence there are some anatomical reasons which demonstrate that the nose gets longer as well.
If the face has grown vertically and the maxilla is back and down, is it possible that the nose is longer than how it should be?

Maybe if the maxilla gets longer there is also a change in the shape/length of the nasal cavity which brings the nasal bone and the nasal cartilage to develop in a certain way.

Mike uses often this picture to talk about upswing and downswing and you can see that the nose has a different shape/length because of maxilla's position but he doesn't speak about that.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/01/2018 6:31 pm
fgyamauti
(@fgyamauti)

Hi Mike. One question. I've bimaxilary protrusion and I'm an adult. My maxilla is protruded forward, however my mandible seems fine. My upper teeth are also a little protruded forward, again, however, my lower teeth seems fine. I have good occlusion and a tiny probably irrelevant midline deviation of 1.5mm more or less. I cannot seal my lips properly without suction (even after clenching). My teeth are bigger than the average. The size of my palate and tongue are good. I've recently reduced my my nasal turbinates and corrected my septum. I was advised to consider orthognathic surgery (I won't do that, though) since no one could guarantee a good result (a "flat" face or too much remnant space were possibilities) by performing only extractions without consulting a 3D model, which I cannot afford. What would be the correct posture in my case? Sealing my lips would require suction, thereby positioning my lower lip against the back of my incisors, which seems to push them forward.

P.S.: Am I posting in the correct thread or is it outdated?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/08/2018 3:59 pm
gubbbbb
(@gubbbbb)
Eminent Member

i hope he talks about open mouth chewing

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/08/2018 1:12 am
Share:

As you undergo correction in the near future, please consider keeping records for your own sake and for others. Pictures of dental impressions, scans, medical reports reports can be very helpful even with all personally identifying information blocked out.

Your input could help many, many people

Face Development

Working

Please Login or Register