Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

New alternative to Lefort III "Rigid External Distraction with Intranasal Bone-borne Traction Hooks"  

RSS
Facetimeskink

I'd really like to hear anyone's thoughts about whether this would be safer than a Lefort III. Could zygos and maxilla be pulled safely through the nose? Could something like manual-osteoperforation (MOPS) make the bone more pliable and ready to build so the more dangerous cuts could be unnecessary?

"Rigid External Distraction with Intranasal Bone-borne Traction Hooks for Midfacial Hypoplasia"

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-018-28068-8.pdf

(My last post had this same link, but no one engaged with it, so I made a more specific subject to draw the kinds of readers who also are reading journal articles all day. I can delete the other post if it's clutter.)

Posted : 16/05/2020 12:52 pm