fbpx
Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Need help with future plans

accnum2
(@accnum2)
10+ Forum Posts

Hi i am 22/M. I have 58mm mewline indicator and 33-34mm intermolar. Tongue posture is not working. Lower palate is 5mm narrower than upper. Chin is recessed and 30mm behind lower lip. Maxilla is asymmetric and uneven both in forward and up movement.

Tongue posture is not working. 

Please suggest me what to do. I want to expand in way it fixed asymmetry, widen intermolar and forward movement hopefully. What can i do to expand lower palate? 

I live in South east asia and there is no orthotropic practicioner and dentists follow textbook.

If i can get some type of xray which helps with decision let me know i will try to get.

Topic starter Posted : 11/08/2018 12:47 am
EddieMoney
(@eddiemoney)
500+ Forum Posts

How long have you been doing this?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/08/2018 2:11 am
accnum2
(@accnum2)
10+ Forum Posts
Posted by: EddieMoney

How long have you been doing this?

Almost year. I just cannot fit the tongue. My jaw makes cracking sound when i move lower jaw to straigthen teeth on left side. Right side my upper teeth match lower if i press but left side upper molars are behind lower molars. I think i have uneven bite as in one side is more expanded than other? 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 11/08/2018 10:09 am
Abdulrahman
(@abdulrahman)
500+ Forum Posts

How did you get your measurements done?

Do you have an impression? If not, this would be the first step I suggest taking to better make your plan. Have a doctor make an impression of your teeth and have him take the bite reference. Once ready have him measure the inter molar width correctly with his caliber. Take the impressions and make pictures of it to share with us so we can better understand.

my story: http://www.aljabri.com/blog/my-story/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/08/2018 11:01 am
accnum2
(@accnum2)
10+ Forum Posts
Posted by: Abdulrahman

How did you get your measurements done?

Do you have an impression? If not, this would be the first step I suggest taking to better make your plan. Have a doctor make an impression of your teeth and have him take the bite reference. Once ready have him measure the inter molar width correctly with his caliber. Take the impressions and make pictures of it to share with us so we can better understand.

I placed ruler on the molars and looked at number in mirror for intermolar width. I will try to get impressions. Are you sure impressions will be enough? No need xray or anything because my maxilla is uneven. Not sure if they'll show in bite.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 11/08/2018 12:56 pm
Abdulrahman
(@abdulrahman)
500+ Forum Posts
Posted by: accnum2

I placed ruler on the molars and looked at number in mirror for intermolar width. I will try to get impressions. Are you sure impressions will be enough? No need xray or anything because my maxilla is uneven. Not sure if they'll show in bite.

The first and most basic thing to have is the impressions. They show allot on their own provided they are done to a high standard.

The reason I suggested getting a bite reference is because the lab technician can use it to match the jaw impressions correctly and show exactly how your bite looks and you can use that to judge to an extent how much asymmetry you have.

Also you can take high quality pictures of your face and share them privetly. They usually reveal many important things. X rays come last and are always last resort because, no matter how small, they involve a radiation dose. 

my story: http://www.aljabri.com/blog/my-story/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/08/2018 2:27 pm

THE GREAT WORK