Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Myobrace effect and treatment time  

RSS
Thefire

For you who have used a myobrace. How long does it take for the teeth to align, if the myobrace is used every night?

And did the myobrace widen the palate?

I've used a A2 for a month now.

Posted : 13/05/2018 6:12 pm
calgirl liked
Apollo
Reputable Member
Posted by: Thefire

I've used a A2 for a month now.

I don't have any experience with the myobrace system, but I've wondered about the sizing. Do you have a regular or a large size A2, and what is your intermolar width?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/05/2018 6:19 pm
Apollo
Reputable Member
Allixa is the only person on the forum I can remember reporting actual experience with the myobrace system. Here's what he wrote about it:

Posted by: Allixa

Alright so for the myobrace.. Here is what I can say for sure. My lower jaw is more expanded than my upper jaw due to a low tongue posture before I found Mew. I bought the myobrace thinking that it could fix this issue.. this was before I knew that expansion worked on adults. What I noticed was that the myobrace puts all of its force directly onto the teeth and nothing into the actual skull bones. After wearing the myobrace for a few hours my teeth all became very very sore, and it hurt to chew as if I were wearing braces. So my guess is that any movement a myobrace could produce would be completely due to teeth tipping. And it's a pain to keep in as well.

Myobrace works for children by training them to keep their tongue up which leads to maxillary expansion. You can experiment with it though and see what you can make happen.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/05/2018 6:44 pm
Greensmoothies
Estimable Member

I'm interested in Myobrace for its claim of creating a U "Roman Arch" which I think would improve my smile/buccal corridors. @Allixa did you get that effect using this system or think it could help with that? 

Also could it function like a retainer, I'm planning to get pregnant again in the summer and I did lose progress last time I was pregnant, got sick and tired a lot

Remember this pain... and let it activate you.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/05/2018 9:26 pm
Thefire

I've a regular size. I tried the big one and i couldn't close my mouth with it.
I dont know what my intermolar width is.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/05/2018 4:24 pm
Allixa
Estimable Member
Posted by: Greensmoothies

I'm interested in Myobrace for its claim of creating a U "Roman Arch" which I think would improve my smile/buccal corridors. @Allixa did you get that effect using this system or think it could help with that? 

Also could it function like a retainer, I'm planning to get pregnant again in the summer and I did lose progress last time I was pregnant, got sick and tired a lot

My main issues with the myobrace are the fact that it puts something in between your teeth, and the fact that it is made of a nasty plastic that has a horrible smell and taste. Made in China. Putting something in between your teeth can lead to facial lengthening, and the nasty plastic probably isn't great for your body and especially not if you are planning to get pregnant. It almost tastes like paint probably would.

As for what it can or can't do, that's something I'm less sure about. I've read on other sites that it can help to align the teeth if some are crooked, but I have never read stories from adults of the myobrace actually changing the arch shape. I don't know if it can help with that, but my guess is no.

Good luck with the pregnancy. I don't know if you checked out the nutrition info that we talked about in the other thread, but it can really help. The guy who invented the diet (a scientist) specifically kept pregnant women (aka his wife) in mind as he came up with the diet because his idea was that nutrition was at its  most important while a person was pregnant and also when they were breastfeeding. He kept his child on the same diet after birth and he says that the child's teeth are coming in much earlier than other kids and that all the teeth have spaces. He also says that the child is walking and talking earlier than others too. Might be worth a look.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/05/2018 6:24 pm
Greensmoothies
Estimable Member
Posted by: Greensmoothies

My main issues with the myobrace are the fact that it puts something in between your teeth, and the fact that it is made of a nasty plastic that has a horrible smell and taste. Made in China. Putting something in between your teeth can lead to facial lengthening, and the nasty plastic probably isn't great for your body and especially not if you are planning to get pregnant. It almost tastes like paint probably would.

As for what it can or can't do, that's something I'm less sure about. I've read on other sites that it can help to align the teeth if some are crooked, but I have never read stories from adults of the myobrace actually changing the arch shape. I don't know if it can help with that, but my guess is no.

Good luck with the pregnancy. I don't know if you checked out the nutrition info that we talked about in the other thread, but it can really help. The guy who invented the diet (a scientist) specifically kept pregnant women (aka his wife) in mind as he came up with the diet because his idea was that nutrition was at its  most important while a person was pregnant and also when they were breastfeeding. He kept his child on the same diet after birth and he says that the child's teeth are coming in much earlier than other kids and that all the teeth have spaces. He also says that the child is walking and talking earlier than others too. Might be worth a look.

Did you get the actual Myobrace or one of the knock offs, I heard the knock offs have this chemical taste and smell but the Myobrace doesn't? But yeah that doesn't sound good. Actually my dentist told me there is a retainer I can get, which may work out if the plastic type checks out.

RE: pregnancy nutrition, you're referring to 180degreehealth.com? I'll keep checking it out, haven't bought any literature but have read blog posts. Eating certain things definitely helps, eg: I ate a bit of dark chocolate daily because I read it makes for a happier child, people always comment they've never seen a baby/toddler so happy. And resilient too, never cried during her shots or falling down when a lot of other kids will cry. I ate a lot of chicken and fruit during my pregnancy, as it's what I craved, and took a prenatal for people with the mthfr gene mutation. I hope I can get my nutrition even better this time, so I appreciate the link. Last time I had bad nausea and fatigue in the first trimester, and my doctor prescribed me some kind of vitamin B6 which I read was linked to autism and banned in the US, so I never took it, thankfully the nausea was gone by 2nd trimester.

Yeah re: breastfeeding, it's shocking the difference there. It's actually kind of scary now that I have the eyes to see these things. Like seeing 5 year old boys with smaller skulls less developed than my daughter when she was 18 months old. Seeing that sort of thing has become routine now. A lot of women in my community will just bottle feed breast milk or formula and their rationale is that they have to go back to work in a year, so they can't get their baby "addicted" to the breast. I wonder why they don't move to a smaller house affordable on a single income and be a SAHM, it's not like kids really care how big the house is down the road, but they will likely care about their skull development even if just thinking about it in terms of their facial aesthetics.

Remember this pain... and let it activate you.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/05/2018 7:50 pm
Allixa
Estimable Member

It's the legit myobrace, not a knock off. But it's the Adult A1 Large and it has a purple tint to it.

The nutrition site I am referring to is perfecthealthdiet.com. The 180degreehealth site was just for the other person who posted that he is eating one meal a day. I gave him that link because the reading there is related to his situation.

The perfecthealthdiet site gets a few things wrong that I don't like, but everything else there is good. You can read more on what I think about it in the nutrition thread linked off the sticky. It's a lot of reading though, so if you want to avoid all that work just look for the link of the summary in the thread so that you can get the main idea of what it's about.

Your observations about skull size in children is really astute. It seems that a lot of people either don't know or don't care. It will be interesting to see how that plays out in the long run.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/05/2018 8:11 pm
Apollo
Reputable Member

It's the legit myobrace, not a knock off. But it's the Adult A1 Large and it has a purple tint to it.

But after I spent an entire day using my thumbs to do gentle expansion of the palate for 2 minutes at a time every hour, my intermolar width changed from 31.88mm to 32.04mm and I was able to retain this expansion overnight by using an expander that wasn't even applying much pressure.

@Allixa, you used the large size myobrace with an intermolar width in the low 30s, so it's safe to assume that someone with an intermolar width in the upper 30s or low 40s would want the large not the regular size, right?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/05/2018 4:35 pm
Allixa
Estimable Member

Yeah, I think that's a safe assumption. I remember reading that the regular size was aimed for children and is basically impossible to fit onto adult teeth.

The one I have has an intermolar measurement of 40mm. I'm basically just measuring from where the molars would sit in the device just like we measure our own palate widths.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/05/2018 4:54 pm
Apollo
Reputable Member

@thefire how are you progressing with the myobrace? Any updates?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/06/2018 8:30 pm
Apollo
Reputable Member

Exploring the "Proven Results" section of the myobrace website (  https://myobrace.com/en-us/proven-results ), I noticed that both of the adult cases casually mention that their treatment also included the use of braces:

This 21-year-old patient was concerned with her crooked teeth and was worried traditional orthodontic methods would result in relapse. She decided to try the Myobrace approach and after 23 months of treatment which included the use of braces, her teeth were straightened and she hasn't had to use a permanent retainer to maintain alignment.

This 31-year-old patient wanted to fix her minor crowding and deep bite so she decided to try Myobrace treatment. After 22 months of treatment combined with the use of braces, the patient's crowding and deep bite were corrected.

Several of the child and teen cases go out of their way to promote how braces weren't needed. This makes me question if the myobrace is doing anything in the adult cases other than training oral posture to prevent relapse after the braces align the teeth. This might support the skepticism @allixa has expressed about what a myobrace can achieve in adults:

I own a Myobrace and a Myomunchee.

Honestly, they aren't even that good and they don't do anything that you can't do on your own. They are just muscle trainers. They don't actually 'do' anything. What's worse is that because they go between your teeth, they lead to face lengthening and jaw joint issues.

I wouldn't recommend spending your money on them, but if you really wanna experiment then go ahead and give it a shot.

The best way to expand the palate is with your tongue alone or with an acrylic expander if you need major expansion or if your tongue doesn't fit. The guy who made this thread said that he wants help to keep his tongue up at night, and that MIGHT be something the myobrace can help with, but I think it would be even better to do some myofunctional therapy to solve that issue.

The shape of the arch in the 21-year-old patient does look more romanesque after treatment, but it is unclear if this resulted from the myobrace or the braces, and it is difficult to assess because the camera angle has changed.

Before:

BEFORE myobrace 15 years

After:

AFTER myobrace 15 years

These reports also give an idea for the duration of treatment, but they don't indicate how much of that time was spent in braces. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/06/2018 12:03 am
Thefire

Well. At the beginning my upper and lower front teeth hurt a lot. But now the pain is gone.

My tounge do have a better placement now then before, and it's because of the myobrace. But has it expanded my palate? I don't know. I do not think it has changed the placement of my front teeth yet either.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/06/2018 10:46 am
Apollo
Reputable Member

Well. At the beginning my upper and lower front teeth hurt a lot. But now the pain is gone.

My tounge do have a better placement now then before, and it's because of the myobrace. But has it expanded my palate? I don't know. I do not think it has changed the placement of my front teeth yet either.

Thanks for the update @thefire! So you've been using the myobrace for a little over 2 months now?

For you who have used a myobrace. How long does it take for the teeth to align, if the myobrace is used every night?

The only two accounts I could find for the duration of adult myobrace treatment were both almost 2 years (see above post), but both of those cases also involved the use of fixed braces for an unspecified part of that time. Please keep us posted on your progress!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/06/2018 3:07 pm
Apollo
Reputable Member

I remember reading that the regular size was aimed for children and is basically impossible to fit onto adult teeth.

The one I have has an intermolar measurement of 40mm. I'm basically just measuring from where the molars would sit in the device just like we measure our own palate widths.

Researching more about myobrace sizing, I came across this lookism thread (  https://lookism.net/Thread-FAO-Myobrace-cels ). This picture was posted which supposedly shows an authentic myobrace in yellow and a knockoff in purple. It sounds like they are both size large. The intermolar width seems to be around 40mm as Allixa reported. The lookism posts agree with Allixa that the large size is probably best for most adults unless you have a very narrow palate, but it appears like anyone with an intermolar width much under 37mm might have trouble fitting the large if this picture is accurate. If I decide to try a myobrace, I think the large will work for me.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/06/2018 2:53 pm
ava
 ava

Hello.

So I picked up one of the stage 1 knock offs recently in the adult size and thought I'd just comment on it.

It absolutely had a chemical taste going on for the first night, even though I pre-washed it. It hasn't had any of that since though, so I think I would recommend that anyone who gets one should pre-soak it in water for 24 hours or so.

Stage 1 is the softest of them, and it's slightly narrower than my wisdom teeth so it has to flex a bit at the back, but that's ok because all of my teeth are too far back because I've chewed solely using my molars for my entire life. As my teeth move together at the front (there are gaps!), the wisdoms will move slightly forward in the arch where the width is appropriate.

I think expecting a myobrace to fix things all by itself is probably asking a bit too much, but I certainly think the design is generally good.

I don't believe you'll get face lengthening with a myobrace despite what others have said, but again, how it's effects will interact with your pre-existing conditions (angle of the maxilla), and your current tongue posture and chewing habits will of course have the potential to confuse that.

I believe because the stage 1 appliance is mildly compressible it actually helps people with uneven bites (like me!) exert force on the maxilla through the teeth because the mild compression allows some teeth to sink further in. I think this is A Good Thing. Obviously don't use too much force because you don't want root re-absorption, but again, even if you do, I think the design will help with that too. If you use too much force, instead of direct tooth to tooth direct force transfer, you're actually dealing with tooth to semi-rigid-plastic to tooth force transfer. Basically, the plastic will operate as a load spreader, greatly reducing the risk of root absorption. Additionally, the smooth surface that goes in-between the teeth allows the upper and lower teeth to move more easily than without as often the upper/lower tooth cusps interlock and that keeps things stationary, especially if you've got a skewed bite due to a melted maxilla.

The way I see this appliance should be used, is to reinforce good habits and to provide reassurance that you're doing the right thing during the night time and also to allow you to get to a point where you've got a nicely meshing bite in the end. It's not going to do much at all to the skull directly except in kids where those habitual changes are enough to get the job done.

Anyway, I got the stage 1 initially and have now used it enough to be confident that it's going to be helpful to me, so I've now ordered the other stages too, so that I can start integrating the next stage up slowly.

At the moment due to the un-evenness of my bite and I can't put a lot of force through my teeth...probably between a quarter and half of what I should be able to. My goal is to use the myobrace to improve that over time.

My tongue posture is good at the moment, and I chew half an hour each day focussing on my front teeth whenever I can because they've been completely underused my entire life. That should also help get them in to the correct position and the chewing has helped improve my gums also (like a lot of adults, they're generally a bit receded, but seem to be advancing back with more use).

Finally, it's worth noting that using the myobrace overnight seems to also improve my gums. I don't know whether it's a result of constant tension in my jaw while using it, or whether it's the saliva immersion as it gathers around the appliance that allows the gums to do their best, but again, I feel this is a good thing.

Anyway, apologies if any of this has been said before, but I just thought it was worth giving my opinion so far.

TL;DR: I have gaps at the front of my mouth, and an under-developed pre-maxilla and generally teeth too far back. I'm confident the myobrace is going to help with all of that, but it's got it's limits like everything.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/06/2018 7:28 am
Victoria and Apollo liked
Apollo
Reputable Member
Posted by: ava

So I picked up one of the stage 1 knock offs recently in the adult size and thought I'd just comment on it.

Thanks for taking the time to detail how you think myobrace-type appliances work! Can you share a link or a picture of your mouthpiece to give a better idea of the version you got?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/06/2018 2:32 pm
krollic
Reputable Member

where'd u get it? thanks for the post

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/06/2018 11:45 pm
ava
 ava

Third time lucky...(having trouble posting!)

@Apollo My pleasure and sorry for the delay getting back to you. I thought I should wait until I had the other two stages in my hands before taking pics.

@krollic You're welcome! 🙂 Aliexpress. Took about two weeks to get here to the UK from China.

Here are the pics:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/1iNzA8s6qUkLBK2S9

39mm inter-molar width I think.

Hope that helps!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/06/2018 5:38 am
Apollo liked
Apollo
Reputable Member

@ava, thanks for the picture! These do look remarkably like the real myobrace! It's like they made a mold of the original and then copied it with a different name on the front. I am guessing they are supposed to be the equivalent of the adult regular size, but in the diagram below it looks to be only slightly narrower than the adult large in the picture I posted above. I'm not sure if I could fit these since the outside of my arch is right around or maybe a little above 60mm. It's also hard to say if the material they are made from would have the same effect as the real myobrace, but it's tempting since the cost for all three stages is significantly less than the cost for one stage of the real thing.

Image result for myobrace

I also found these instructions from the listing to be an interesting estimate for the duration of treatment:

• D1 is soft, the first stage, use 1 – 3months.
  • D2 is moderate, the second stage, use 6 – 8 months.
  • D3 is hard, the third stage, use 5 – 8 months.
  • The correction process is divided into three stages. After using D1 for 1 month, you can gradually use D2 together.
  • Use D2 on daytime and D1 at night. When you fully adapted to D2, you can be gradually use D3 together. Use D3 on daytime and D2 at night. You must wear it every day, normally, there will be noticeable improvement in 4 – 6 months.
ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/06/2018 4:26 pm
ava liked
ava
 ava

@Apollo Yeah, I just bought the first stage initially because I thought it was worth a try and it wasn't a big loss if it was the wrong size. After using it for a while, I decided it was going to be suitable and ordered the others, so I had a path to progress down when I was ready.

I can't comment on whether they're constructed from the same material as the myobrace as I've never had one in my hands, but if myobrace is manufactured in China in the first place, then it's highly likely to be identical. If it's made elsewhere and they've just reverse engineered it, then they might have used something worse or better...it's hard to say one way or the other really. What we can say is that it's not the shape that is different between the stages, it's the rigidity. It would be a pretty big oversight if they got the one thing that mattered the most wrong (FWIW, I've tried all three stages in my mouth and they are definitely of different rigidity).

Teeth don't like being forced in to new positions in short periods of time (they tend to fall out!), they like weak forces over long periods of time. That's why the different rigidities exist, and why the timescales are quite long. Of course, none of this matters if you aren't following the rest of the philosophy. I don't think these appliances aren't designed to do any seriously heavily lifting...that all comes from your own postural improvements I suspect.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/06/2018 7:53 pm
Apollo liked
Apollo
Reputable Member

What we can say is that it's not the shape that is different between the stages, it's the rigidity.

I believe the real myobrace has slight differences in shape between the stages. For example, the tongue elevators and lip bumpers are extended and the tongue tag is hollow in the A3. I don't know if these alterations actually matter. Please keep us posted on your progress!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/06/2018 9:13 pm
ava
 ava
Posted by: Apollo

What we can say is that it's not the shape that is different between the stages, it's the rigidity.

I believe the real myobrace has slight differences in shape between the stages. For example, the tongue elevators and lip bumpers are extended and the tongue tag is hollow in the A3. I don't know if these alterations actually matter. Please keep us posted on your progress!

Ok, that's interesting. I just looked at the myoresearch page, and you're absolutely right of course. A bit of an oversight on my part!

Yeah, so it's possible that the differing shapes matter, though I'm not super convinced at this point.

What I will say is, if you've already got good tongue posture, you might feel like the tongue tag gets in the way and the bit for the tongue tie can catch a little I find. The discomfort involved feels like it's making me push up more than forward, which may or may not be intended.

Anyway, when I'm ready to move on to the next stage, I might try and cut off the tongue tag off of the first one to see if it changes where I apply force and if perhaps it's a modification worth making to the others. I will of course keep you updated! 😉

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/06/2018 3:15 am
Apollo liked
Apollo
Reputable Member

The large Myobrace A2 I ordered arrived today. I'm pretty convinced this is the genuine product and not a knock-off. I am glad I ordered the large, but it is slightly larger than the yellow appliance looks in the picture I found on lookism (posted above), closer to the purple knock-off in the picture. It is about 67mm wide with an intermolar width around 40. Even though my intermolar width is slightly below 40, the arch of the myobrace bends in to fit the teeth and the outward recoil is probably part of what encourages expansion.

I have two concerns:

1) My tongue posture doesn't feel right when I try on the myobrace. The "tongue elevators" don't lift the tongue up as much as I had imagined, and I had assumed the tongue was supposed to rest on top of the tag, but a closer look at the instructions shows that the tongue is supposed to push up on the tag from below to make contact with "the spot." I can do this, but I'm not feeling as much engagement with the rest of my palate as I am accustomed to. I guess this is something which might improve with practice.

2) The upper lip bumpers put uncomfortable pressure on the bony exostoses I have above my canines and first bicuspids. This could be a deal-breaker because I believe ulcers would develop on my gums if I kept the device in place. I think I am going to have to make adjustments to those areas for it to be comfortable enough to use without side effects. These kinds of comfort adjustments are mentioned in this slide presentation (  https://www.slideshare.net/drbarry/mrc-solo-2day-beginner-day1-pm-30197195 ).

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/08/2018 3:09 pm
Apollo
Reputable Member

@jawanomics I think I found the image comparing the yellow myobrace to the purple knock-off above from one of your posts on lookism. Thanks! Interestingly, my large A2 seems to be slightly wider than the yellow myobrace in the picture. I've been using the myobrace for a little over one month every night with some minor improvement to the minimal crowding of my lower incisors, and it also seems to be positioning my mandible slightly more forward. I was hoping it would help upright my lingually tipped lower molars but so far I haven't seen much change in that regard. I am now debating ordering the large A3. The myobrace website says that the A2 "provides arch development" whereas the A3 "provides excellent tooth alignment and retention." I am wondering if the firmer material of the A3 would yield faster results overall if it can be tolerated, or if the A2 is actually better for reshaping the arches and it would disadvantage me to switch to the A3 too soon. In other words might the softer material of the A2 induce more skeletal changes to help with my arch curve and symmetry, and I should wait several more months before switching to the firmer A3 to focus on dental alignment?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/09/2018 12:10 am
verious.smith
Posted by: Apollo

@jawanomics I think I found the image comparing the yellow myobrace to the purple knock-off above from one of your posts on lookism. Thanks! Interestingly, my large A2 seems to be slightly wider than the yellow myobrace in the picture. I've been using the myobrace for a little over one month every night with some minor improvement to the minimal crowding of my lower incisors, and it also seems to be positioning my mandible slightly more forward. I was hoping it would help upright my lingually tipped lower molars but so far I haven't seen much change in that regard. I am now debating ordering the large A3. The myobrace website says that the A2 "provides arch development" whereas the A3 "provides excellent tooth alignment and retention." I am wondering if the firmer material of the A3 would yield faster results overall if it can be tolerated, or if the A2 is actually better for reshaping the arches and it would disadvantage me to switch to the A3 too soon. In other words might the softer material of the A2 induce more skeletal changes to help with my arch curve and symmetry, and I should wait several more months before switching to the firmer A3 to focus on dental alignment?

Apollo, did you ever get the A3?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/12/2018 2:21 am
Jawanomics
Eminent Member

In my pic 

yellow = medium legit

purple = large copy

I never used them much or consistently. I never had the motivation to do so when i had them. But the medium put pressure on my teeth externally, which in my head meant it was trying to narrow my palate...large put pressure internally which i thought meant it was trying to broaden.

the main take away from myobrace was tongue positioning, it became further back and took away doubt. I bought the better large one for £2 including postage(1£ each)

My teeth/palate are pretty good considering i had 4 extractions in my teens. Fortunate with big teeth....but i do think mewing has expanded my palate and my smile is less gummy.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/12/2018 5:46 am
Apollo liked
Apollo
Reputable Member
Posted by: verious.smith

Apollo, did you ever get the A3?

Yes, I used the A2 for the first 2 months and transitioned to using the A3 for the past 2 months. The increased rigidity did seem to accelerate the alignment of my lower incisors.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/12/2018 3:39 pm
narrowjawMF

NICE! kan you tell me where you got those large myobrace from?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/05/2019 6:04 am
narrowjawMF

can you please tell us your experience with myobrace so far?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/05/2019 6:05 am
Apollo
Reputable Member
Posted by: narrowjawMF

NICE! kan you tell me where you got those large myobrace from?

Posted by: narrowjawMF

can you please tell us your experience with myobrace so far?

I ordered the large myobrace A2 and A3 on aliexpress. There are several vendors there selling them, so I would just choose the one with the best price currently. I think it modestly helped improve the symmetry of my arches and reduced the crowding of my lower incisors (but this has relapsed a little since I stopped use). If the width of the channels is larger than your current arches, it might help you achieve some slight dentoalveolar expansion. So I think they can be helpful if the size is right, but don't expect miraculous results.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/05/2019 4:35 pm
Jelly
Eminent Member

I've used a fake firm Myobrace for 10 hours a day for about 4 months.

My teeth would be a bit sore in the morning and my lower jaw would be more forward in a way that my lower teeth wouldn't fit behind my upper teeth anymore (I don't have much of an overbite, but I do have a weak chin, don't know how that's possible, but it is). This effect would fade in a matter of hours though.

I haven't noticed an effect on teeth alignment.

To be honest, I was worried it would cause my maxilla to grow backwards. Because of the design, it cannot exert a forward pressure on the lower teeth, without causing a backward pressure on the upper teeth. 

I haven't noticed an effect on palate width. To be honest, I don't think it can work at all for this: the sides don't go all the way to the molars in the back and are tapered. Also it's not that wide that it caused a feeling of pressure on my molars. 

Sometimes my cheeks would really hurt from wearing it, so some nights I had to take breaks. This is even though the edges are very thick and rouned and don't cause discomfort at first. This makes me a bit hesitant to use clear aligners (Invisalign type).

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/08/2019 6:16 am
Freddie
Eminent Member

Is it normal to feel real pain on the teeth ? I mean one of my lower tooth really hurts after using the stage 3 at day time, like crazy. I think its moving. In the wrong or the right way I dont know

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/08/2019 9:12 pm
Tmak
 Tmak

@apollo it's been almost a year since your last post, do you have a verdict of the myobrace results?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/11/2019 2:06 pm
Apollo
Reputable Member
Posted by: @tmak

@apollo it's been almost a year since your last post, do you have a verdict of the myobrace results?

My goal for the myobrace was mostly to retain the expansion I had achieved with a removable acrylic expander. Unfortunately for me, even the large size adult myobrace was about the same or even slightly smaller than my intermolar width at the end of my expansion. The best I can measure, I relapsed a few millimeters, but also kept a few millimeters. I think the myobrace helped make my arches a little more symmetrical overall. Some of the crowding of my lower incisors that went away while using the myobrace has returned since I stopped using it. I think it might be more helpful for people whose intermolar width is smaller than the myobrace channels. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/11/2019 2:13 pm
Tmak
 Tmak

@apollo

That's good to here! I have an IMW higher than the channel of the myobrace but my arch isn't symmetrical and I hope it also brings me some forward growth from the increased tongue posture

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/11/2019 10:28 am