Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

My Walkthrough Of Mewing For Someone New To It

Fred
 Fred
Estimable Member

Firstly I'll explain to them what it will do, its real effectiveness, and what realistic expectations they should have.

Secondly my views on Mewing. "Mewing is a preventive practice for CFD which causes breathing problems, recessed maxilla, recessed mandible, and bite problems. It is not a cure for CFD, unless you're young(kids)enough it can reverse malformaties, and for less young, or mature patients breathing may improve. In young people it will guide the growth of the face, allowing them to have an attractive face. The most mewing can do for you is reduce submental fat, have proper posture, prevent CFD, or stop it from getting worse, improve breathing, perhaps reduce cheek volume, have SOME jawline prominence, and maybe something else I'm not thinking of. My opinion on mewing having gained more and more recognition and attention. It's great, but sad for naive people who get high hopes, facial dysmorphia and then become dogmatic as someone put it. I would really love it if people would be a little real about it." 

Thirdly "how to Mew and other things to know. Breathe through your nose as much as possible, keep your lips together, teeth together gently, body posture must have back straight up, shoulders back and down, head held back and high, your tongue is a little complex first put the tip of the tongue at the incisive papill@, then raise the rest of the tongue as much as you can, to swallow your tongue must scoop up food, put it at bottom of your mouth and make it go back into position as if it was an instinctual reflex, you should feel a wave motion when this happens, back to your lips when you're speaking you must make these motions when in these vowels."

"If you like to learn more go the great work forum, but don't read from this guy named 'Fred' he just talks out of his ***."

Please feel free to correct me.

Topic starter Posted : 26/05/2019 10:37 pm
Freddie
Eminent Member

I’ve seen a post from you saying that you had braces installed. I dont think that some new comer should listen to that since you can not have any result with braces or any retainers (own experience) they should listen to success stories and hoping the best for them. Nothing is bad encouraging people to have proper posture which can actually save lives. (Cure depression , cure apnea, non physiological lifestyle..etc) « Mewing » is way more than a simple « technique » for moving your maxilla up and forward. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/05/2019 11:44 am
Fred
 Fred
Estimable Member

That's what I meant by improving breathing. I only had braces installed a week ago. Mewing does change your skull like when my incisor became properly rotated, my molars tipped and possibly my maxilla could've moved forward. Okay I was talking about older patients the ones whose sutures have hardened. I believe Mewing works and I've seen it in a different light, because of this forum. I made a hypothetical conversation telling them the truth about mewing and not the fantasyland mewing has been put in. You see in the post I made was encouraging mewing to people by teaching them how to do these things. It helps people in their sleep for crying out loud, I love it, it helps people.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 27/05/2019 12:08 pm
Fknasymetries
Eminent Member

there is nothing wrong with what he is saying. Mewing will help you change for the better yes but the better doesn't mean completly correcting your CFD. If you are really F***d up, you will need the help of some appliances or even surgerys for just being able to mew (ronald ead for exemple), let assides correcting your CFD. You SHOULD mew, you SHOULD correct body posture etc but gains are going to be really slow and marginal (talking about bone changes, not muscular like masseter hypertrophy, buccinator atrophy or submental region tightening). All you can do is use everything you can to correct your own CFDs, teach your kids how to mew+adopt correct body posture as soon as possible and have a proper diet, as far as i know, kids adopt the same diet as their parents...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/05/2019 1:12 pm