Share:

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

My teeth are very crooked but my face is well-developed?  

RSS
sharkinator
(@sharkinator)

Hello, I have an odd problem, my face is well developed with a projecting wide jaw and decent cheekbones but my teeth are extremely crooked. I do not know what to do as i cannot afford braces but I am 15 so i hope mewing will work. Here are some pictures of my teeth I can PM pictures of my face if needed.

This topic was modified 1 week ago by sharkinator
Posted : 15/05/2019 8:31 am
Freddie
(@freddie)

You should show your back teeth too

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/05/2019 9:07 am
sharkinator
(@sharkinator)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/05/2019 9:10 am
sharkinator
(@sharkinator)

I should also add that i have been mewing for like a year and my intermolar and palate has increased significantly and gone from very v shaped to u shaped with insane facial changed but ill i wanted the whole time was straight teeth 🙁

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/05/2019 9:11 am
stonecoldsaidso
(@stonecoldsaidso)

It's not that bad. If you saw my teeth you would laugh it so hard. My teeth are legitshow. I have 2 overlapped front teeth and bottom crooked teeth which makes me not laugh. Whatever, your case is, you probably didn't breathe through your mouth at childhood and that prevented your face becoming deformed. And then again you probably became mouth breather at lately ages and it broke your teeth alignment.

This post was modified 1 week ago 2 times by stonecoldsaidso
ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/05/2019 9:24 am
sharkinator
(@sharkinator)

My teeth are crooked on bottom also. I can pretty much confirm mewing works tho however but i think you need at least a little space to put your tongue into so the palate can expand. I probably have BDD also

This post was modified 1 week ago by sharkinator
ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/05/2019 9:26 am
Kex
 Kex
(@kex)

Post the rest of your face. Also, what about your lips? Any chance you constantly pout them?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/05/2019 11:41 am
Mangas77 liked
elevee
(@elevee)
Trusted Member

The OP is a minor and offered to pm their photo--its not very cool to ask for a photo after that.

Op, your arch looks great. Nice work! My guess is that you are really on a roll with expansion, and that your alignment will straighten out over time. You don't have any overlapping or crowding and have seen lots of positive change, so my bet is that you will see alignment in a year or two.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/05/2019 6:43 pm
sharkinator
(@sharkinator)

Thank you so much! If my alignment improves to a level where I am happy I will definitely share pictures with this forum. Is it known that the molars expand before the front teeth? that is what seems to be happening. Also will my case of slightly overlapping incisors and slightly high unerupted canines be reduced with further expansion?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/05/2019 11:34 pm
elevee
(@elevee)
Trusted Member

Well, my own expansion also seems to be happening at the molars first too, so we are in the same boat! 

I'm not an expert. But if you've seen a lot of growth and are still seeing it, it seems rational that you would  continue to get more width in the front and eventually have room for those canines to come down. I *think* that alignment will be the last thing to happen when you have enough room, but maybe another user can speak from experience.

Are you doing any chewing? Many folks have great results by adding some hard chewing to their diet. You could make a point to eat some raw veggies every day, or buy some Falim gum (it's made from a middle eastern tree resin, is harder than American gum and has no sweetener at all) from ebay or amazon if that's an option for you. My son is your age, and chewing the bejeesus out of some Falim gum every day seems to help soothe the ants in his pants, so you might really enjoy it. It's not expensive, and your parents might be happy to grab it for you since there's no sugar involved.

If you happen to have a before/early photo of your teeth, it would be fun to see a comparison.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/05/2019 11:58 pm
sharkinator
(@sharkinator)

im chewing wads of tissue paper, not as good as falim I know but seems to be doing the job. I think I deleted my old photos but I might be able to get some from somewhere. I remember barely being able to fit my tongue on the roof of my mouth and having to fold it - now I can almost fit most of the tongue in the palate

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/05/2019 1:06 am
Community Lurker
(@community-lurker)

I always like seeing a before and after. Seeing how you claim to have insane results, well, you've got my attention.

Feel free to PM me before and after pics.

Also if you're face is already well developped, and your teeth are like they are now. Then the final 'perfect' you, so to speak is probably just an even more and better developped version of yourself. Blame it on genetics? Seems you might have good ones. Although to be fair; you're still quite young and therefore it could be argued that the effects of gravity haven't been able to mess you up as hard yet. People as far as i've seen tend to look alright with semi-proper tongue posture in their youth and then slowly progressively both get better (more dimorphic traits developing) and worse  (but also a longer midface, more chubby looking cheeks, more melted face) as they reach about 16 to 20, ending up with an average face over time. But you've simply not given your face enough time yet to grow in a messed up way (think elongated face etc.), atleast that's what i theorize. 

Anyways there's basically no problem at all here as far as i can see. Just keep mewing, and your teeth will improve and you're very likely going to look even better and even better developped than you already do. If you already look well developped now, then well, good for you. It's going to become even better, probably resulting in better positioned, thicker and wider bones (wider jaw and midface etc.) which for men really isn't something to complain about. Women love a strong bone structure on a man.

Good luck on your mewing journey. Keep it up.

This post was modified 1 day ago by Community Lurker
ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/05/2019 7:02 am
elevee
(@elevee)
Trusted Member

PS, you can use these photos as a reference to see exactly how wide your arch needs to be to have perfect alignment of all 32 teeth. It's huge. The previous poster alludes to it--a fully developed dental arch makes a noticeably wide face by current Western standards, which is very attractive but out of the norm. If you get this, well, publish a book!

Be careful chewing toilet paper. It's not food and isn't regulated for chemical contamination like food is. I think some users here have had good luck with silicone baby chew toys, which would cost less than five bucks at a place like walmart and last for ever.

https://www.biologicaldentist.com/4489/the-evidence-for-traditional-diets-doesnt-come-from-just-weston-price/

This post was modified 1 week ago by elevee
ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/05/2019 7:21 am
sharkinator
(@sharkinator)

I know people will smaller arches that have straight teeth without braces, but i believe that to be because of smaller teeth. These people the site is showing me have larger teeth like me so need lots of room to accomodate them as nature intended. Hopefully mewing and chewing at a young age can bring me somewhere close to this.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/05/2019 7:26 am
darkindigo
(@darkindigo)
Reputable Member

Just get braces.  There's plans for that.  They'll do different prices at different places.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/05/2019 10:58 am
sharkinator
(@sharkinator)

My palate is definitely expanding. I used to have almost no room for my tongue at the roof of my mouth and now i can get 90% of it up with ease and mewing is so much more natural. I don't care about completely straight teeth i just want them to look relatively normal and have fully erupted canines. Also because of my young age my facial bones and dental arches are probably a lot more malleable. I have also very recently developed the tongue strength to hard mew for hours a day

This post was modified 7 days ago by sharkinator
ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/05/2019 9:05 am
Share:

As you undergo correction in the near future, please consider keeping records for your own sake and for others. Pictures of dental impressions, scans, medical reports reports can be very helpful even with all personally identifying information blocked out.

Your input could help many, many people

Face Development

Working

Please Login or Register