fbpx
Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

My face looks objectively worse after chewing mastic for 10 months, how do I get it back?

Le_Fort_or_Bust
(@le_fort_or_bust)
100+ Forum Posts

Unfortunately, my "strong jaw" experiment didn't work. Now my lower third just looks bulky. It is not aesthetic like it was before. I have lower bodyfat than before, but my face looks bulkier and not in a good way, since the mouth is still the same size. I built these massive masseters that don't contribute to my look and in fact are a detriment to aesthetics. Now I will stop doing it and hopefully it comes back to like it was before. What do you think guys? Anyone had similar experience?

30 yo, need to expand palate, move maxilla upward and forward, reduce gonial angle.

Topic starter Posted : 23/08/2018 3:11 am
TGW
 TGW
(@admin)
Admin

They are supposed to be big strong muscles anyways. Use them to drive growth elsewhere.

If you chew less often they will atrophy somewhat

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/08/2018 5:40 am
Mewer000 liked
Mewer000
(@mewer000)
10+ Forum Posts

I have defnietly noticed a more chipmunk look in 3 months of hard chewing  though as TGW said above it may be a necessary process which happens prior to bones shifting, weaking them back down will most likely correlate to slowing down the bone remodelling we want. Perhaps we have to accept this chipmunk stage for 2 years or so

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/08/2018 6:59 am
gubbbbb
(@gubbbbb)
50+ Forum Posts
Posted by: Mewer000

I have defnietly noticed a more chipmunk look in 3 months of hard chewing  though as TGW said above it may be a necessary process which happens prior to bones shifting, weaking them back down will most likely correlate to slowing down the bone remodelling we want. Perhaps we have to accept this chipmunk stage for 2 years or so

it only lasts like 2 months 

Posted by: Le_Fort_or_Bust

Unfortunately, my "strong jaw" experiment didn't work. Now my lower third just looks bulky. It is not aesthetic like it was before. I have lower bodyfat than before, but my face looks bulkier and not in a good way, since the mouth is still the same size. I built these massive masseters that don't contribute to my look and in fact are a detriment to aesthetics. Now I will stop doing it and hopefully it comes back to like it was before. What do you think guys? Anyone had similar experience?

Are you a girl OP?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/08/2018 10:24 am
Le_Fort_or_Bust
(@le_fort_or_bust)
100+ Forum Posts

No, I am a guy.

30 yo, need to expand palate, move maxilla upward and forward, reduce gonial angle.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 23/08/2018 5:22 pm
EddieMoney
(@eddiemoney)
500+ Forum Posts

Stop chewing or drastically reduce frequency. Lower calories and it becomes easier for muscles to atrophy.

What is your bodyfat percentage? 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/08/2018 6:48 pm
EddieMoney
(@eddiemoney)
500+ Forum Posts
Posted by: TGW

They are supposed to be big strong muscles anyways. Use them to drive growth elsewhere.

If you chew less often they will atrophy somewhat

Supposed to be and strong based on what?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/08/2018 6:53 pm
gubbbbb
(@gubbbbb)
50+ Forum Posts

No, I am a guy.

It's interesting that you'd complain about a bigger jaw. 9/10 when someone makes a post complaining about how terrible they look and post pictures on this forum they look perfectly fine and are just being hyper aware of a minor issue they don't like. I don't think you're any different but if you made it bigger by  chewing a lot you can make it smaller by chewing soft foods

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/08/2018 11:56 pm
SUGR1
(@sugr1)
10+ Forum Posts

It will take some time to atrophy because of the fact the muscle will naturally have higher force now even when you chew soft foods or when you perform pArafunctional activities.

Chewing harder in the absence of other forces will not give you much improvement other than larger masseter and even temporalis hypertrophy. 

If you desire forward growth, first the maxilla. Must improve. Then chewing will naturally cause remodelling of the mandible to adapt to the maxilla. 

If it really bothers you, most botox feminising research shows a high dose will reduce the thickness of masseter muscle by, 50% in two months. 

You do need 30-50u each side of botox though. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/08/2018 2:09 am
alfio liked
Le_Fort_or_Bust
(@le_fort_or_bust)
100+ Forum Posts
Posted by: EddieMoney

Stop chewing or drastically reduce frequency. Lower calories and it becomes easier for muscles to atrophy.

My bf is 13%.

It's interesting that you'd complain about a bigger jaw. 9/10 when someone makes a post complaining about how terrible they look and post pictures on this forum they look perfectly fine and are just being hyper aware of a minor issue they don't like. I don't think you're any different but if you made it bigger by  chewing a lot you can make it smaller by chewing soft foods

Because it looks stupid. Strong jaw for men is that iron, chiseled jaw, which is BONE. Wide strong jaw also means wide palate and wide mouth. My mouth remained the same size, palate, too. Only thing I got were these massive bulky masseters, which look brutish and not attractive and not really "masculine" in a good sense. It looks primitive and just makes me look less attractive and less proportionate.

I think chewing is coping to be honest. If your palate is not expanding, I don't see much use of huge masseters. They won't be chiseled anyway, it is just muscle.

I am aware I look worse, because I compared with pictures I did a year ago where my face looked much better.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 24/08/2018 3:58 am
EddieMoney
(@eddiemoney)
500+ Forum Posts
Posted by: EddieMoney

My bf is 13%.

Because it looks stupid. Strong jaw for men is that iron, chiseled jaw, which is BONE. Wide strong jaw also means wide palate and wide mouth. My mouth remained the same size, palate, too. Only thing I got were these massive bulky masseters, which look brutish and not attractive and not really "masculine" in a good sense. It looks primitive and just makes me look less attractive and less proportionate.

I think chewing is coping to be honest. If your palate is not expanding, I don't see much use of huge masseters. They won't be chiseled anyway, it is just muscle.

I am aware I look worse, because I compared with pictures I did a year ago where my face looked much better.

I agree which is why I barely chew. My jaw was growing from palate expansion . Have you looked into a device since you were contemplating surgery?

My palate expanded and the most I have ever chewed is 3x a week. I chewed for like two months and honestly that seemed to hypertrophy the masseter enough as it is . Now I do maintenance chewing like 1x a week if that. Mostly keep it on incisors and canines in hopes of relapsing back to their proclined state that got worse after I stopped chewing on them.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/08/2018 7:12 am
Le_Fort_or_Bust
(@le_fort_or_bust)
100+ Forum Posts

I agree which is why I barely chew. My jaw was growing from palate expansion . Have you looked into a device since you were contemplating surgery?

Yes, I looked at all devices and was told they were not scientifically proven to work and I will only get teeth tilting.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 24/08/2018 1:43 pm
Banknote
(@banknote)
50+ Forum Posts

you should consider some things 

• good occlusion
  • good positioning of bones 

I'll do my surgery soon  

A lei do esforço nunca falha

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/08/2018 10:43 pm
Beeautiful
(@beeautiful)
Posted by: SUGR1

It will take some time to atrophy because of the fact the muscle will naturally have higher force now even when you chew soft foods or when you perform pArafunctional activities.

Chewing harder in the absence of other forces will not give you much improvement other than larger masseter and even temporalis hypertrophy. 

If you desire forward growth, first the maxilla. Must improve. Then chewing will naturally cause remodelling of the mandible to adapt to the maxilla. 

If it really bothers you, most botox feminising research shows a high dose will reduce the thickness of masseter muscle by, 50% in two months. 

You do need 30-50u each side of botox though. 

Plz tell me how can i contact to you

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/09/2018 8:40 pm
FioraLaurent
(@fioralaurent)
10+ Forum Posts

Most peoples on this forum think chewing is a graal when it's fact it's just pure cope , it will give you a bloated face or worse tmj pain if you have bad maloclusion ( because the joint not aligned properly is going to get destroyed by forcing her to work harder in the wrong position , it's like squatting with flat feet your knee joint get destroyed 2X faster because of the misalignement  ) 

The key for the face is ANGULARITY and too bad it comes from the bone  , ask yourself 95 % of the  muscle on your body when not contracted are round  , if you overdevelop them on the arm yes it will look aesthetic  ( rounded boulder shoulder ) but on the face it's an instant no-no 

Every muscle atrophy on caloric deficit no exception especially the face , you lower your caloric intake and you are done with it 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/09/2018 5:07 am

THE GREAT WORK

Warning:
Your Cranial Sutures Need To Be open for CranioSacral / Jaw Development!