Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

My Eyelids Recently Became Asymmetrical  

RSS
Fred
 Fred
Estimable Member

I'm sorry if I'm wasting your time. A couple days ago I noticed my right eyelid became bigger than the left. The side effects of braces are coming. I'm just updating you guys on what's happening.

The reason I have braces is because I tripped on a cable and smashed my teeth against a staircase. 

That makes me want to bite off someone's nose. That is what I'm feeling right now.

Posted : 22/09/2019 7:55 pm
krollic
Reputable Member

show us bro?

>The reason I have braces is because I tripped on a cable and smashed my teeth against a staircase. 

brutal.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/09/2019 9:38 am
Elwynn
Estimable Member

Fred, I don't mean to offend you, but having read several of your posts on this forum, it seems to me that you've got a habit of over-analyzing. I mean, what you're saying here is: one of your eyelids grew to be bigger than the other one within the course of a few days due to the effects of braces. Color me skeptical. If your eyelid truly did change size on such a short time-frame, then it's more likely a result of some type of swelling due to skin irritation rather than braces. It could also just be a result of your psychology playing tricks on you. It's easy to imagine that a change has occurred by over-focusing on a particular feature. I know this from personal experience. This is all the more reason for keeping objective records: photos with same angle and lighting, IMW, etc.

24 years old

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/09/2019 12:28 pm
Fred
 Fred
Estimable Member

@elwynn

I'm not offended, I understand. 

Perhaps it could be skin irritation or water retention. I wasn't over analyzing this feature, I can feel the excess skin when I blink and it bothers me, because it reminds me of it. I'm at school, doing work and I blink so I start hating myself and getting mad. 

I believe a picture is not necessary you can imagine how it would look like. I will wait it out for a few mire days. If it does not go away than it's an actual aysmmetrical feature.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/09/2019 8:50 pm