Share:

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Must have Gadgets to help with Facial Growth  

RSS
faceup
(@faceup)

I am really into cool little gadgets and things that can help with health. This thread is to suggest some must have gadgets to wear / use to help with facial growth. Not skin-care kind of gadgets.

Here are some that I am thinking about buying:

Adjustable Posture Support Brace with magnets to promote healing

This is a good idea to wear so you don't slouch. It will make us remember to keep our body posture and neck posture right with our chins tucked in. I have found when mewing, the force is much stronger with the chin tucked in / proper neck posture. I think most of us know how important neck and body posture is with palate expanding, mewing, etc.

Available here on Aliexpress

Adjustable Neck Brace

It looks great. But I am unsure if this will adjust so we have perfect neck posture or if it will instead make us bend our necks forward. If it does adjust so our necks are straight and chin is tucked in, then this would be great to wear while doing things at home such as using the computer.

Adjustable neck and chest brace
This is a brace that helps with both chest and neck posture. There is no help with the lower back but you can buy something separate for that. I like the look of the neck corrector. It seems like it could do a better job than the one I posted before this.

I believe these kinds of things can be a big help. Think how often you forget about posture throughout the day and end up slouching at your computer. After wearing these for a few weeks, I think posture will definitely improve and eventually there will be no need to wear these things. In public we will have to use our normal forward head posture as we cannot walk around with our chins tucked in looking like idiots. But using proper neck posture in private will help with mewing - expanding the palate and pushing the maxilla up and our overall health.

There are plenty of other kinds of cool items like these, so feel free to have a search for yourself and post anything you like the look of or things you might think are better than what I have posted. I read a bit of a post on vibration tools. I do not know much about them though. But feel free to suggest anything that might help.

Posted : 23/12/2018 2:29 pm
Apollo
(@apollo)
Reputable Member

These kinds of braces are counterproductive because they take the work off of the muscles intended to hold up the head and back, resulting in weaker support and worse posture when the braces are removed.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/12/2018 4:58 pm
elevee and Ayla31 liked
faceup
(@faceup)

Hmm do they? I thought if your back was in the upright position, the muscles would still be working like they usually do without the brace.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/12/2018 5:37 pm
Apollo
(@apollo)
Reputable Member
Posted by: faceup

Hmm do they? I thought if your back was in the upright position, the muscles would still be working like they usually do without the brace.

It's my understanding that people who have to wear back or neck braces for medical reasons experience muscle atrophy because the rigid structure is bearing the weight. I think most experts would agree that these kinds of devices are more likely to setback than assist the hard work required to habituate better posture. But I could be wrong. Let me know if you find any research supporting their efficacy.

This post was modified 3 months ago by Apollo
ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/12/2018 12:28 am
faceup
(@faceup)

Ah yeah you could be right. I've ordered one of those back braces anyway. They're pretty damn cheap. I'll let you know what I think to it when i've worn it for a bit.

If there are any gadgets you know of that may help with facial growth, then feel free to say 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/12/2018 8:59 am
Silver
(@silver)
Eminent Member

I read that you're only supposed to wear the first device for 30 minutes a day and no more to "reprogram" your muscles

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/01/2019 12:38 pm
AlphaMinus
(@alphaminus)
Trusted Member

Yeah I had to wear a neck brace once and was told to get out of it as soon as I could because too long and the neck muscles would weaken. Braces are just for temporary healing purposes. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/01/2019 12:24 pm
noises
(@noises)
Posted by: Apollo

These kinds of braces are counterproductive because they take the work off of the muscles intended to hold up the head and back, resulting in weaker support and worse posture when the braces are removed.

I saw this kyphosis correction method by Naudi Aguilar recently and it made me think of this comment. What he's doing is basically using a resistance band to create a reverse posture brace (one that promotes bad posture that you have to fight against). Do you think that this method is effective? OP's post has the words "positive" and "reverse" in it but they seem to be just a bad translation of the product image angles. I wonder if a reverse posture brace would work as a commercial product?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/02/2019 12:49 pm
elevee liked
Share:

As you undergo correction in the near future, please consider keeping records for your own sake and for others. Pictures of dental impressions, scans, medical reports reports can be very helpful even with all personally identifying information blocked out.

Your input could help many, many people

Face Development

Working

Please Login or Register