Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Mouth taping  

RSS
FanaticMind

My cheeks are getting a little chubbier at the same weight.i'm pretty sure i'm sucking air through the micropore.

any tips and tricks?

Posted : 11/12/2019 2:07 pm
Oatmeal
Trusted Member

Honestly, it could just be dehydration. Your cheeks can get puffed up when you are thirsty.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/12/2019 2:39 pm
FanaticMind

@oatmeal

It's not a one day thing.

And irregardless of that if i could make the tape breath-proof it'll make it more effective.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/12/2019 8:20 pm
LizzyBennet

It's not that you can suck air through the micropore tape, it's that you can open your mouth wide enough to breathe air through the gap between your lips. You have to tape your lips more tightly together so they can't open even a crack. If you pull your lips in (like, as if you were pretending you don't have any lips), then tape your mouth, you can achieve a tight bind. 

I also use micropore tape, and also medipore tape which is even more permeable (it's like a mesh) than the micropore, but if I use the tape so that my lips are tightly closed I can't draw a breath through my lips. I pinch my nostrils and try to draw a breath to test. Once in a while the tape gets a bit loose during the night (for example, because I sneezed), and when I wake up to pee and do the nostril pinch test I find that I can draw a breath through my lips. Then I take the tape off and stick it down tighter, and I can no longer draw a breath through my lips.

I.e., you are not relying on the impermeability of the tape to block air, the tape is just there to jam your lips tightly together so that there is no gap for air to get in even if you tried.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/12/2019 10:37 pm
drunkwithcoffee
Estimable Member

Mouth tape at certain times during the day and 1 hour before bed time.  It'll help you reprogram your subconscious so that the tape at night is just a reminder rather than a necessary tool.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/12/2019 10:56 pm