Share:

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Mostly just feel strong pressure on cheekbones  

RSS
zz37
 zz37

I do the chin tuck with mewing.

I feel pressure on my ramus/jaw, but especially cheekbones, kinda burning, maybe a little bit around my nose as well..

Is that how it is supposed to be for facial upswing?

Posted : 11/10/2018 1:53 pm
NeverGiveup

Yeah me too, when i'm doing mewing I feel pressure especialy cheeckbones, zygo, neck

(started 5 days ago)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/10/2018 3:33 pm
Usum liked
Silver
Eminent Member

Yes! 

Posted by: TGW

There is another study/lecture where I learned that the primary point of resistance against forward maxillary movement is the zygomatic buttress. This is where you get the "I feel it in my cheekbones" resistance when you really get the posture and force down correctly. You might feel it alternatively on the outside of your cheekbones or on the interior near the nose.

This resistance point is also the rotational hinge point in growth. If you push the maxilla directly against it, it grows forward. If you push from underneath, you have counterclockwise rotation, and vice-versa. This is from maxillary protraction facemask studies (bone anchored).

https://the-great-work.org/community/main-forum/expansion-equals-recession-wait-what-pics/#post-1508

This post was modified 11 months ago by Silver
ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/10/2018 2:26 pm
krollic
Estimable Member

how on earth do you guys get these sensations. even if I were to push as hard as I can I don't feel this sort of thing

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/10/2018 6:14 pm
NeverGiveup

Maybe because your face is better developed than mine.

In  my case, im 18 and i've never put my tongue on my palate, even when I swallow.

Maybe I feel lot of pressure because there is an important "lack of dev"

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/10/2018 7:25 am
Couda
Eminent Member
Posted by: krollic

how on earth do you guys get these sensations. even if I were to push as hard as I can I don't feel this sort of thing

do you feel it in the posterior third part of the palate? i feel an aching feeling there when i have hard mewed for many minutes 30-60 min but not on cheekbones or zygos

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/10/2018 4:51 pm
krollic
Estimable Member

na, only aching i get is in my tongue or maybe in the soft flesh of my palate. not in any bone area i don't think

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/10/2018 7:20 pm
ilovemyself

@krollic

Yeah i feel the same hows you handle it?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/07/2019 4:36 am
justdoit

@krollic That's what I used to feel when I only engaged anterior tongue.

When I fully engaged posterior tongue to the point of blocking my airway, making a snoring/grunting/coffee machine type sound, that's when I started feeling compressive force in cheekbones/zygos and sometimes near nose and eyes. Just saying, I wasn't properly engaging my posterior tongue for longer than I'd like to admit.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/08/2019 2:30 am
Yasuo420

@krollic

Same bro this is a major problem for me 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/08/2019 10:34 am
printfactory

I feel only pressure between the eyes, nothing at the cheekbones. But there was some dude on reddit who had great results (18-20yo if I remember correctly) and he said he felt no sensations at all.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/08/2019 2:51 pm
PolHolmes

@krollic

Same bro, been mewing for like 7 months now with no changes in my face at all. I might be coming to the conclusion that you can only make changes if you feel these sensations

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/08/2019 7:14 pm
dapi
 dapi

you better feel a lot of pressure if you wanna rotate a bone thats attached to pretty much every other bone in the face, you are wasting your time if you dont feel pressure

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/08/2019 8:24 pm
Yasuo420

@dapi

Then how do you fix this? 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/08/2019 1:03 pm
Yasuo420

@dapi

you are wrong you need to expand the palate to rotate the maxilla 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/08/2019 1:06 pm
dapi
 dapi

@yasuo420

so youre saying you need a big palate to have a upswung maxilla? and people with narrow palates have downswung maxillas?

This post was modified 4 weeks ago by dapi
ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/08/2019 2:57 pm
Kyte
 Kyte
Trusted Member
Posted by: @dapi

@yasuo420

so youre saying you need a big palate to have a upswung maxilla? and people with narrow palates have downswung maxillas?

Hi ,

yes, somewhat.

You can translate a wide and narrow palate into unfolfed palate (flat  -> upswung) and folded palate ( vaulted-> downswung) palate.

To give you an idea, form and arch with your index and thumb and widen and shrink them . The length of the arch stays the same but height changes.

The wide and shorter palate allows the mandible to upswing

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/08/2019 4:51 am
DrMario

I am getting my jaw expander device installed (MSE) this month. I think this will amplify my mewing results.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/09/2019 10:51 am
Share:

As you undergo correction in the near future, please consider keeping records for your own sake and for others. Pictures of dental impressions, scans, medical reports reports can be very helpful even with all personally identifying information blocked out.

Your input could help many, many people

Face Development

Please Login or Register