Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

MEWING TRANSFORMATIONS (video with pics)  

RSS
ShaktiOm
Trusted Member

Sorry if this is a re-post. Here is a video containing before and after pictures of mewing transformations. Most of them are young people.   https://youtu.be/Cvx5Cyi2vGw

Posted : 27/11/2019 8:31 am
ShaktiOm
Trusted Member

Another transformation video by the same YouTube channel...

https://youtu.be/X-pYVuWUHYw

Impressive results by a 32 year old female at the 0:34 mark  https://youtu.be/X-pYVuWUHYw?t=34

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/11/2019 9:04 am
EddieMoney
Reputable Member
Posted by: @shakti_om

Impressive results by a 32 year old female at the 0:34 mark  https://youtu.be/X-pYVuWUHYw?t=34

Her results show impressive width added to her face. I wonder if any vertical change occurred.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/11/2019 12:59 pm
Robbie343
Trusted Member

Curious to know if any of these people are on this forum or have visited. I think the 32 year old woman might have done orofacial myofunctional therapy as well. I could be wrong.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/11/2019 4:41 pm
RamonT
Trusted Member

I totally agree. To me, she looks so much better on the left side photo.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/11/2019 7:34 pm
ShaktiOm
Trusted Member
Posted by: @eddiemoney

Her results show impressive width added to her face. I wonder if any vertical change occurred.

Hard to know for certain, but her face looks shorter to me.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/11/2019 9:45 am
ShaktiOm
Trusted Member
Posted by: @robbie343

Curious to know if any of these people are on this forum or have visited. I think the 32 year old woman might have done orofacial myofunctional therapy as well. I could be wrong.

Yeah, I wonder where he found all these pictures? Reddit maybe?  It would be nice to know the mewing protocol that the woman used and if she worked with a dental practitioner or used an appliance.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/11/2019 9:49 am
ShaktiOm
Trusted Member
Posted by: @ramont

You think she looks better in the before picture?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/11/2019 9:50 am
RamonT
Trusted Member

Assuming the before picture is the one on the left, yes to my eyes she looks way better.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/11/2019 10:21 am
Progress
Member Moderator

Assuming the before picture is the one on the left, yes to my eyes she looks way better.

I think so too. From what I remember of the case, she had undergone extraction orthodontics, so her journey was more of a recovery towards what had been lost rather than building upon her original form.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/11/2019 11:19 am
ShaktiOm
Trusted Member

@ramont @progress

Hmm. 🤔  Personally, I think she looks better in the after picture on the right. I think she is wearing more make up in the before picture, especially around the eyes, so that might make a difference.

But I have noticed that when it comes to females in particular, the square angular faces that are a result of the structural changes created by mewing or proper tongue posture, are not always seen as an ideal attractive shape. Many women and men prefer the female look of a slim face with a small jaw. This despite the fact that the square angular face is probably healthier and more genetically natural.

Of course beauty is in the eye of beholder, but it is interesting to think about.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/11/2019 4:44 pm
Robbie343
Trusted Member

@shakti_om

Agreed. She obviously looks great in both pictures. She has a bit more spunky look in the after. Lips look better. Looks better without makeup as well imo. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/11/2019 8:01 pm
EddieMoney
Reputable Member

The ratios in her pics are far from similar. I think some lighting and distance is at play. Her nose appears visibly shorter. Come on we all know that isn't a side effect.

But take her makeup off and she has rather bony features. Her philtrum had to always be long. Mewing doesn't lengthen the philtrum that way. Her lips were always thin I surmise.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/11/2019 8:35 pm
EddieMoney
Reputable Member

@ramont @progress

Hmm. 🤔  Personally, I think she looks better in the after picture on the right. I think she is wearing more make up in the before picture, especially around the eyes, so that might make a difference.

But I have noticed that when it comes to females in particular, the square angular faces that are a result of the structural changes created by mewing or proper tongue posture, are not always seen as an ideal attractive shape. Many women and men prefer the female look of a slim face with a small jaw. This despite the fact that the square angular face is probably healthier and more genetically natural.

Of course beauty is in the eye of beholder, but it is interesting to think about.

Female development is much less bony than male. Ideal female face has a short lower third and a narrow fwhr. This creates a feminine forward jaw with a pointy chin. Narrow and brachyfacial is ideal for women, where the maxilla is forward and up. Short vertical height.

Men can be brachyfacial so long as it comes from width and not a super high maxilla. Face can be mesofacial and still ideal. That keeps the lower third long. A brachyfacial male with ideal proportions has more width which is how male faces are short. 

Female faces are short in vertical height, long in proportion due to weak fwhr. Male faces are long in vertical height, short in proportion due to strong fwhr. Female faces = vertical rectangles, while male faces = horizontal rectangles.

Midface ratios are not dimorphic. This is because women have eyes spaced closer together but a shorter distance to the upper lip. Men have eyes spaced further but the distance to the upper lip also is larger. 

My guess is she was always bony and protrusive, but makeup shortened her upper lip in the before pic. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/11/2019 8:48 pm
ShaktiOm liked
ShaktiOm
Trusted Member

@eddiemoney

The attached chart illustrates
(A) Brachyfacial
(B) Mesofacial
(C) Dolichofacial

Looks like Ms. 32 year-old went from a dolicho/meso shape to a brachyfacial shape, but it seems like many men and women find the mesofacial shape to be more attractive for females. This is interesting sense proper tongue posture tends to create the brachyfacial shape in females correct?

Regardless of facial shape, there are always other factors including facial symmetry and prominent bone structure. But I think that proper tongue posture coinciding with a brachyfacial shape may result in better health and appearance as one ages.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/11/2019 5:47 pm
EddieMoney
Reputable Member

@eddiemoney

The attached chart illustrates
(A) Brachyfacial
(B) Mesofacial
(C) Dolichofacial

Looks like Ms. 32 year-old went from a dolicho/meso shape to a brachyfacial shape, but it seems like many men and women find the mesofacial shape to be more attractive for females. This is interesting sense proper tongue posture tends to create the brachyfacial shape in females correct?

Regardless of facial shape, there are always other factors including facial symmetry and prominent bone structure. But I think that proper tongue posture coinciding with a brachyfacial shape may result in better health and appearance as one ages.

I think mesofacial is actually ideal for everybody because it creates a balance between bony features and soft tissue. 

But facial types don't tell you much about facial harmony. What I will say is that brachyfacial can mean that one's face is short vertically OR that it is wide relative to its length. So you can be brachyfacial with soft features (the narrow faced type) or brachyfacial with strong bony features (the wide faced strong zygos type). So what type of face someone has doesn't tell you much, either. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/11/2019 8:09 pm