NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Mewing Results...and then some  

RSS
CristinaRose

I started Mewing 2017.  
I just turned 50 this past August.  
Married for 23 years in an extremely toxic relationship, which, to my benefit, fell apart in 2016.  

Did a lot of self reflection in my single status,  when I stumbled across Mewing.  If I could hug Dr. Mew (both doctors), I would!

I gained weight too.  Because I didn’t feel the need to be “skinny” to please my ex anymore.  I think I gained 35 pounds.  

Last night after work I got into my very old laptop.  I was going to work on my novel.  I never got to it. Because:

I came across old photos.  I was horrified at the images.  I didn’t realize I looked like that. 

Sometimes divorce can be a good thing.  

And it’s never too late to start Mewing. You can improve your bone structure at any age. 

Improve your outer appearance but never neglect what’s going on inside.  There’s hope for all of us.

Posted : 29/10/2019 11:32 am
doodad and ShaktiOm liked
Kyte
 Kyte
Estimable Member

Hi!

You look 10 years younger AT LEAST

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/10/2019 1:36 pm
Fred
 Fred
Estimable Member

How is this possible. You are a little below 30.

I'm sorty you had to endure a bad lover for a good portion of your life. But you WILL find some again.

How did mewing affect your face?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/10/2019 10:19 pm
EddieMoney
Reputable Member

This is what mewing does. Creates the essence of shortening through widening. The skull itself doesn't shorten, but the cheekbones pull the midface out and a few millimeters of width affect the ratios of the face. So the face will never lose vertical height but the proportions will change favorably due to added width. 

Similar example here. Width induced shortening through changing the ratios. A shape always looks vertically shorter when it widens.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/10/2019 11:39 pm
ohwhatthehell
Eminent Member

@eddiemoney I disagree that the face doesn't shorten at all. It definitely widens more, but it absolutely shortens as well. That's what upswing is.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/10/2019 12:00 am
EddieMoney
Reputable Member
Posted by: @ohwhatthehell

@eddiemoney I disagree that the face doesn't shorten at all. It definitely widens more, but it absolutely shortens as well. That's what upswing is.

The skull doesn't get vertically shorter. I have never seen this happen in anyone's mewing results. Upswing is really more of cheeks going out and teeth going on an incline a bit but none of this actually causes the skull shorten vertically. It looks shorter due to added width.

I do believe mewing works but I don't believe it is by vertical shortening as I used to believe. The skull in some cases may actually grow longer if the posterior third is engaged. Chewing on the other hand may shorten the skull vertically due to the bite becoming deeper and mandible driving itself upwards. But that type of facial shortening is seldom favorable. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/10/2019 12:21 am
EddieMoney
Reputable Member

I take it back. Jamo/neveragain is the only case I can think of a skull seeming vertically shorter. But he said he developed a legitimate overbite and he would chew a lot I believe. His progress looking back seemed less from mewing and more from chewing. I notice he looked more square jawed for sure but his face just looked that - square. So I take it back . You can shorten your face through chewing but IMO the results don't always look favorable. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/10/2019 12:25 am
Quetzelcoatlus

@eddiemoney

If i can feel my tonsils faintly with my tongue am i doing it fully and right? it doesent need to go farther back than that right?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/10/2019 3:25 pm
Rockyp33
Reputable Member

Great job covering up the eyes lol

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/10/2019 12:16 am
Loliboly
Eminent Member

To be honest @CristinaRose, I can’t tell a substantial difference between the photos. As pointed out by @Kyte, you do look younger in the after picture, but to me that seems to be caused by very different lightning in the pictures taken. But I can’t detect any difference in the structure of your face. Don’t get me wrong, though. I think you are attractive already, both in the first and second picture. However, if you or someone else could point out areas that did improve, feel free to guide my eyes.

Otherwise, I am happy for you that you no longer are in an toxic/abusive relationship. I know from experience how devastating it can be. Ride the wave you already seem to be riding!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/10/2019 8:55 am
LizzyBennet

Am I missing something? I can’t tell there is any difference in your facial structure between the before and after. In the before photo one can see that you already had good bone structure (cheekbones and cheek hollows, jawline and chin) and lovely full lips. You do look more youthful in the after photo due to the weight gain plus more luminous skin, but not sure that is due to mewing?? Could you point us to what the changes you have experienced are that have been due to mewing?

You are a very beautiful lady, by the way. And good on you for getting out of the destructive marriage.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/11/2019 5:24 am
Fred
 Fred
Estimable Member

@CristinaRose were you using collagen products?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/11/2019 11:22 pm
J3tze

Very nice, you look much younger.. it's kind of like you had a face-lift, except natural. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/11/2019 9:22 pm
EddieMoney
Reputable Member

I can see noticeable change such as facial widening. Keep in mind those with good posture and development will see minute changes vs those who are really messed up

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/11/2019 11:45 am