fbpx
Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Mewing progress chart

Tatsumi
(@tatsumi)
10+ Forum Posts

Which level are you in this chart?

I made a mewing progress chart to see where I am and where is the goal.

This chart is just my assumption based on Mike Mew’s videos and this forum. Anyway, I hope it might help beginners to know what to do, and potential obstacles.

In my case, my intermolar width is around 36mm. I’ve been mewing for 6 months but zero progress of intermolar width. This is probably because I can’t mew properly and/or can’t mew during sleep. So I’m at level 1 or 2. This is irritating me since I believe that level 3 is the actual start of facial growth I need.

Mewing Chart
Topic starter Posted : 10/08/2018 5:46 pm
Sot liked
Abdulrahman
(@abdulrahman)
500+ Forum Posts

I am not sure I understand how to read your chart but I noticed a couple points that you might be interested in revising. First, the ideal indicator line is 38mm not 35mm. Second, 36mm inter-molar width is considered decent to start mewing. 29-34mm is where it's a problem. 35-37mm is considered decent and can use the hybrid expander. 38mm is the lowest good inter-molar width and 44mm is what most doctors aim for not 50mm.  

my story: http://www.aljabri.com/blog/my-story/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/08/2018 6:20 pm
EddieMoney
(@eddiemoney)
500+ Forum Posts

I wonder if incisors retroclined from orthodontic treatment can be reversed without devices? I know most devices out there expand but idk if any procline incisors and canines

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/08/2018 7:03 pm
Apollo
(@apollo)
500+ Forum Posts

I like how you've mapped this out. Some of the details might be off, but I agree with the schema. I think I am getting over your second barrier and hope to start seeing some forward changes.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/08/2018 12:18 am
Greensmoothies
(@greensmoothies)
200+ Forum Posts

Neat chart. For me the forward head posture couldn't be corrected as a step one, seems I had to significantly expand my airway (by expanding my palate) to do that.

Posted by: EddieMoney

I wonder if incisors retroclined from orthodontic treatment can be reversed without devices? I know most devices out there expand but idk if any procline incisors and canines

I'm trying to do this as well and hopefully I don't have to bother with Plato's face pulling hockey helmet or similar approach. Just my tongue tip at the base of my front teeth from incisor to incisor, and incisor chewing is slow going on this front. Maybe I will just need to do myobrace and ALF to reach my goals.

Remember this pain... and let it activate you.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/08/2018 3:41 am
Apollo
(@apollo)
500+ Forum Posts
Posted by: Greensmoothies

Neat chart. For me the forward head posture couldn't be corrected as a step one, seems I had to significantly expand my airway (by expanding my palate) to do that.

Posted by: EddieMoney

I'm trying to do this as well and hopefully I don't have to bother with Plato's face pulling hockey helmet or similar approach. Just my tongue tip at the base of my front teeth from incisor to incisor, and incisor chewing is slow going on this front. Maybe I will just need to do myobrace and ALF to reach my goals.

I've only been experimenting with the myobrace A2 for a few days. My upper incisors aren't retroclined, but based on how it feels so far, I can imagine how it could help with that issue. You might need to start with the A1 that is more flexible to minimize pain fitting your tipped anterior teeth in the channels. For example, my lingually tipped lower molars have had some achiness which suggests to me that they might be uprighting.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/08/2018 3:51 am
K88r
 K88r
(@k88r)

My jaw changed in two weeks I really hate it 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/01/2019 7:05 am
ansenmus
(@ansenmus)
10+ Forum Posts

I have developed a gap between my lower incisors (lower front 2 teeth). I have been on and off mewing for about a year, but I've been mewing a lot for couple of months. But I stopped after noticing this gap. Can anyone provide some info on this? Has anyone noticed such a gap during their progress ?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/03/2020 2:41 pm

THE GREAT WORK