Share:

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Mewing may be hitting the mainstream... (attached video with fantastic mewing explanation)  

RSS
Yegor_L
Eminent Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbzT00Cyq-g  video is from a very reputable and popular Youtube channel which discusses various subjects in human health, anatomy, and science in general. The fact that mewing is being discussed here is incredible.

On one hand it's sad to know our little secret/edge over the rest of society is being divulged, but on the other hand the truth deserves to be known.

Besides, it's no secret that exercise makes you more attractive and healthy and still like 80% of people don't do it, so I'm sure the same will be with oral posture.

This topic was modified 5 months ago 2 times by Yegor_L
Posted : 10/02/2019 12:01 pm
GreekGodBrody
Trusted Member

For some reason, this leaching into the meainstream unsettles me. I know it's selfish, but I don't want anyone to become more attractive. I feel like I'm losing my advantage.

That if mewing will actually make a difference, can't be certain.

Still, a lot of people who do get in contact with videos about mewing will brush it off and ignore it. Why? Think about it. If one were to truly realizez the difference between a recessed and a forward-grown maxilla, that is the moment they become 'blackpilled'. From this moment on, you start seeing patterns, you start analyze other people's facial structure. The thing is, most do hot have this capacity for self-awareness, and even if they do, they will brush it off, because it is an uncomfortable reality, it's too much to handle.

This post was modified 5 months ago by GreekGodBrody
ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/02/2019 1:30 am
RamonT liked
Yegor_L
Eminent Member

I've heard girls talking about "forward facing neck" on my campus but I honestly don't think mewing will penetrate as deep as you may think.

When you think about it, the people who really TRULY care, already know about it and have done their own research, and are dedicated enough to commit to it. In the same way that everyone knows about exercise (and how it obviously makes you more fit/attractive) the vast majority of people won't commit to mewing either.

Hell, there are people on these forums who don't even commit to it fully.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/02/2019 11:21 am
RamonT liked
RamonT
Eminent Member

Hey Guys,

I could not agree with you more. Right on brothers!!.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/02/2019 1:18 pm
MikeMewacca

layers upon layers. to do this properly u've got to dwelve into it. So it becomes the thing of neurodivergents (an euphemism) or of NEETs (the rightful rulers of this world). Personally I'd like a world with more beautiful faces and bodies but it ain't happening bc of mewing going mainstream (if it does) you only need one mainstream nay-sayer to discourage the vast majority. Alas, surgery or interventions will still be number one and will still be unafordable. I'm saying all this assuming mewing really works on adults which it doesnt (long term- perhaps it does). 

edit: keep mewing still you'll gain valuable milimiters  👍  

This post was modified 5 months ago by MikeMewacca
ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/02/2019 2:29 pm
LastQuestion

This focus on facial attractiveness is misguided and misses the point of what optimal craniofacial development means. Mewing isn't a secret worth keeping, I don't believe it's even a practice worth obsessing over - it is not going to fix the health problems we have due to poor craniofacial growth. It'll help, somewhat for early childhood, but it is not the solution for children, teens, and especially not adults. 

The video doesn't touch upon airway and it's role in health, and that's the bit of knowledge that remains elusive because it takes so much education to understand. I've always liked What I've Learned, and think once he learns the what's really going on he can do a lot of good bringing the right message forward.

Personally, I find it disturbing how much time is being spent on mewing as a panacea - it's a drop in the bucket regarding the true scope of what's occurring. But, it's early days, and a first step towards a comprehensive solution so I won't fight it and pick it apart, but I won't advocate for it and deify Dr. Mew, because Dr. Mew has knowledge gaps and his focus is too narrow to be anything other than a launching pad for the real Great Work that needs to occur to return modern humans to optimal health.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/02/2019 3:49 pm
RamonT liked
Silver
Eminent Member
Posted by: LastQuestion

This focus on facial attractiveness is misguided and misses the point of what optimal craniofacial development means. Mewing isn't a secret worth keeping, I don't believe it's even a practice worth obsessing over - it is not going to fix the health problems we have due to poor craniofacial growth. It'll help, somewhat for early childhood, but it is not the solution for children, teens, and especially not adults.

Have you personally seen any progress? I'm an adult. It kind of is like a panacea. Name a symptom of CFD and I bet I could tell you I've noticed significant improvement there. The experience is somewhat ineffable. It is amazing.

I think people who have not personally experienced progress should avoid casting aspersions on the usefulness of mewing. You just have no idea what you're talking about.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/02/2019 7:18 pm
noises and RamonT liked
Fred
 Fred
Estimable Member

To be honest, mewing is not very effective. It's targeted towards children and it's supposed to prevent recession and not reverse it. These videos discussing mewing have been hitting it big. So,  it's pretty likely we're gonna face an epidemic of facial dysmorphia in adults and teens, rather than helping them.

I agree with you, Brody. This won't be something we'll only know about. This is just my opinion it's not face, but it's not entirely wrong.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/02/2019 10:18 pm
Abdulrahman
Reputable Member
Posted by: LastQuestion

This focus on facial attractiveness is misguided and misses the point of what optimal craniofacial development means.

Correct, look at the best children cases treated with Orthotropics and their transformation is amazing, but they do not become models. That's because correct oral posture and function guides facial growth to it's genetic potential.  It doesn't create a new person.

For adults, who are past growth, there is much less to be gained from correct oral posture and function. It's main benefits is to help the tongue stay up on the roof of the mouth (out of the throat) and help retain any orthodontic corrections. 

On a related note, "What I learned" usually makes great videos that have very engaging script. I found this one very underwhelming. It seems rushed.

Even the tone he speaks with sounds staged compared to his natural and calm tone. There is also some false information like presenting the women that had skeletal expansion as an example of correct oral posture and function. 

It seems everyone on YouTube is rushing to take advantage of this new topic called "mewing" with no regard to the quality of information being presented. 

This post was modified 5 months ago 2 times by Abdulrahman

my story: http://www.aljabri.com/blog/my-story/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/02/2019 12:06 am
GreekGodBrody
Trusted Member

Is there any possibility / research into how to generate growth | re-opening growth plates? If we can do that, if we can scientifically re-create 'another puberty', then we have the philosopher's stone

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/02/2019 1:48 am
Share:

As you undergo correction in the near future, please consider keeping records for your own sake and for others. Pictures of dental impressions, scans, medical reports reports can be very helpful even with all personally identifying information blocked out.

Your input could help many, many people

Face Development

Working

Please Login or Register