Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Mewing makes you grow taller if you have not reached your height limit

FutureModel
Trusted Member

I'm just going to copy and paste what this dude said a while ago on a forum.

"I think you Guys should know that there is no genes that code for an ugly face/body. This is true for humans as well as any other species on earth. When the body is used with its intended function everything falls into place naturally.

It's all about having proper oral posture. Teeth should be in contact, lipz sealed and tongue pressing against the roof of your mouth. Then even the most degenerated face will slowly remodel itself (6-24 months depending on diet) to match the golden ratio and the hormone balance will become optimized aswell, making the entire body grow as a result.

Also the reason we're attracted to pretty faces is because looks = Health. So in time, your mental state and entire well being should also improve immensely. Bones keep remodelling throughout your entire life, that's why the skull of an 80 year old doesn't resemble its 18 year old counterpart, bones shrink in old age with bad diets.

When your skull obtains a better shape (from mewing or an appliance to help mewing/fagga) the pituitary gland will start to release more growth hormone. This change in the hormonal homeostasis willl reopen the growth plates. This can also be witnessed with diseases like gigantism.

The bonestructure of the skull can change with up to 1 millimeter per week. Try keeping correct oral posture for 2 weeks and feel up your face with your hands. You should notice a slight growth of especially the cheekbones and the orbital rims. Your body/genes will actually work hard to make you as strong and healthy as possible, it has just been prevented from doing so due to bad habits ingrained from an early age.

Make sure you're mewing correctly, this signals to your body any asymmetries and misalignments of the dental archs and your maxilla will be remodeled correctly. It will also assure the teeth erupt from the gums at a straight angle instead of having an inwards bend.

Your tongue should be resting in the upper palate, flattened out as much as possible and with the tip just behind the front teeth (but not touching them) in the area called the alveolar ridge. For best effect you need to press the tongue slightly upwards to balance out the downwards pressure on the maxilla from the cheek muscles. Your tongue will probably get a little sore in the beginning, but gram for gram its the strongest muscle in your body and should accommodate quickly.

Its also important to have your lips closed. This serves to keep the teeth properly aligned.

A slight pressure will change bone growth over time, how the muscles are used in this regard leaves an enormous impact on the overall shape of the skull, even in adulthood. Pictures of Steven Hawkin as a young adult shows how much his skull has deteriorated due to a muscle paralysing disease. You can also find pictures of african women using metal rings to elongate their necks to unatural lengths.

Experiments have even been done on chimpanzees. Bloking their nasal airways and forcing bad oral posture will degenerate their skulls in the exact same manner as with humans. By reversing the condition their skulls remodel back to the ideal again.

Skullshape and hormonal profile are tightly interconnected. As the pressure on the hormonal glands optimize the entire endocrine system will start to function properly. Your skin will tan more easily, your metabolism speeds up keeping the body naturally lean and muscular, your frame gets wider and you might even grow in height etc."

Based on what this guy says, I can say with confidence that this person is probably from the LVI group, I say this because when you go on their website they talk about this  https://www.lviglobal.com/about_lvi/what-is-physiologic-dentistry/

Topic starter Posted : 21/09/2018 2:32 pm
EddieMoney
Reputable Member

Idk about height increases. I did correct my posture and gained like a half inch but that was "already there" to begin with in that my shoulders and skull being in the right position meant I wad previously slouching and making myself unnecessarily shorter. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/09/2018 3:44 pm
FutureModel
Trusted Member

Yep, that's why I said in the title "If you have not reached your height limit"

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 21/09/2018 4:00 pm
Rockyp33
Reputable Member

Can u post the monkey research? im curious what methods they used to revers them back to normal?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/09/2018 8:34 pm
Couda
Eminent Member
Posted by: FutureModel

Yep, that's why I said in the title "If you have not reached your height limit"

You say that mewing will make you grow taller, improving posture will not re-open the growth plates lol

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/09/2018 6:40 am
Sot
 Sot

I believe there are several problems with that logic.

First, people’s genes are not perfect, to assume that everyone has the genes to be ideal is wrong. By definition the genes just have to be good enough make copies of themselves and they will be allowed to exist. It doesn’t have to be ideal, it just has to be ok. And as far as I know “un-ideal” people also have children.

Secondly I don’t think you can just open the “re-open” the pituitary gland by giving it space. There are phases to growth and things turn down. If you are lactose intolerant you can’t just activate the systems that allowed you to digest milk properly as a child.

I do believe that there’s a way in which the bones should ideally be, but I don’t think everything will fall in place so easily. The structure is really complicated, there might be bones that will only move with certain directions that aren’t in our current understanding of craniofacial dystrophy. Some bones might move faster or too much, while others stay in place. To move a bone one must apply pressure and that pressure will be put somewhere else in the body, the part that is anchored will also experience changes, so by fixing some part you might deform the other (I believe this is the case with the FAGGA appliance).

More research needs to be done.

Getting a healthy face won’t necessarily get a healthy body, only if the cause of the bad healthy comes from an unhealthy face (some breathing problems for example), it won’t affect other systems.

In conclusion everything sounds heavily exaggerated, especially the hormone thing. There are fat people with good facial growth, there are other factors for leanness and getting your potential height  for sure.

I think this gives people a bad idea of the current understanding.

Don’t get me wrong I do believe mewing works (otherwise I would not be here). But changes can be bad and dangerous.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/09/2018 12:52 pm
Rockyp33
Reputable Member

i think it makes sense if your plates havent closed. when you mew properly it helps u prodcue a lot more hgh atleast thats what is believed so i think it could definitley change height

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/09/2018 10:28 pm