Share:

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Mewing hurting the insides of my cheeks  

RSS
Olleh
(@olleh)

Hey, been mewing for a about a week or more and I've had a lot of things to deal with and work on (it's a struggle,) but now I'm starting to notice my teeth are leaving imprints in the sides of my cheeks and the insides of my cheeks hurt. There's one spot toward the back of my right cheek that got really pinched and there's even a small lump there. It might have been from suction created in my mouth. Anyone know what I do about this? Thanks in advance.

Posted : 13/03/2019 8:00 pm
AlphaMinus
(@alphaminus)
Trusted Member

It sounds to me like you're using too much suction or maybe using suction in the wrong way? That could be sucking your cheeks into your teeth to the point where abrasion is taking place.

One other possibility is that in the course of making constant adjustments in your mouth - which everyone goes through until they get the hang of tongue posture - your cheeks are coming into contact with your molars more than they would. And if you have any chips or sharp edges, this could be quite painful. 

It's quite normal to experience these kinds of things in the beginning.  I went through lots of tongue soreness from pressing against the molars, and I've also experienced soreness and irritation on my soft palate. This has all calmed down considerably in the past month as my tongue posture has gotten much better and "stabilized." Hang in there.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/03/2019 9:59 pm
sky
 sky
(@sky)

stop sucking bro.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/03/2019 9:27 pm
Share:

As you undergo correction in the near future, please consider keeping records for your own sake and for others. Pictures of dental impressions, scans, medical reports reports can be very helpful even with all personally identifying information blocked out.

Your input could help many, many people

Face Development

Working

Please Login or Register