Share:

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Mewing for asymmetry—need help  

RSS
liamcg

I am 17, turning 18 in two weeks and having been mewing for around four months. I suffer from a rather a egregious degree of facial asymmetry, and up to this point I have been mewing with the root, the middle, and the tip of my tongue all to the center of the roof of my mouth, but I have read that if you mew with your tongue towards the less-developed side of your face, it will balance that side out.

Is this true? If so, how do I determine which side of my face is less developed? Any help or input would be greatly appreciated, I have included pictures below, and since they are mirrored, I have indicated which side is which.

This topic was modified 5 months ago by liamcg
Posted : 03/04/2019 7:47 pm
Samuel Alonzo
Eminent Member

Dude I have the same problem but mine is much worse.

Any answers would be helpful people.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/04/2019 11:09 pm
Kolibri liked
mr.mewing
Trusted Member

one side is hallow and the other isn't did you ever got a teeth pulled from one side but not the other side?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/04/2019 2:11 am
Kolibri

PLEASE answer him!!! Is it the hollow side? The chin is crooked toward the hollow side for me too. And it's leaning down on that side for me too. And my eyes seem to be slightly bigger there, barely. Aren't we supposed to get hunter eyes? So the developped one is the not hollow? Or is it just because the chin moved.

I find the not hollow side to be less attractive, tho I didn't mew yet so it's maybe because it's just flatter. My mouth is actually sexier here.

The hollow one again makes my upper lip pressure down the lower lip and I look sad of it. @liamcg you look sadder/serious on the hollow too. 

My brows on the hollow side are upper and stronger too, maybe that's why it confused me that this side is more angular, so it must be developped but it's just rotated..

From the two front teeth, one of them is deeper, on the hollow side it's deeper. Well for me. So that should be expanded.

This way we can push the palate U to be an U!

This was tricky to analize, but then the hollow side is the undevelopped I THINK XD

(This means it's the comfortable side and you don't have to reach the other side of the palate, completely natural)

This post was modified 4 months ago by Kolibri
ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/04/2019 7:12 pm
Zag liked
Kolibri

If you have this of scoliosis your right shoulder must be the upper. Do stretches to the right side

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/04/2019 7:32 pm
Rabies4U

I'm curious how his bite is, are your teeth asymmetrical too?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/04/2019 8:30 pm
Zag
 Zag

Damn I wish I had such asymmetry.

My palate is tilted to one side and mandible just follows it. How do we fix it...

You can see the left side in the picture is somehow "more hollowed" than the right one which is droopy. Also my eyes get asymmetrical cause of that.

This post was modified 4 months ago by Zag
ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/04/2019 2:14 am
liamcg

I do not have scoliosis 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/04/2019 11:21 am
liamcg

Before I began mewing, I had been suffering from Bruxsim and TMD. My teeth are quite worn from attrition.  In October, my dentist recommended I get braces and a splint to fix my bite, and thank god I did not ($9000). My teeth are quite symmetrical, and straight, but they are worn down. Last visit to the dentist a few weeks ago, and they had told me that my bite had improved and were asking me what I had been doing. 

My TMD seems to be improving as well, and sealing my lips at night has all but eliminated my bruxism.

If you would like, I can send you pictures.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/04/2019 11:26 am
focusxf

Did you find a solution? 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/05/2019 10:40 pm
darkindigo
Reputable Member

@liamcg @samuel-alonzo @kolibri @zag @djnorbit1 @rabies4u

Check this out!

http://www.jios.in/article.asp?issn=0301-5742;year=2017;volume=51;issue=3;spage=185;epage=191;aulast=Gaur

This woman didn’t want surgery and the first thing she got was a deprogrammer.  I had to look it up....

https://www.jco-online.com/archive/2014/06/368/

This guy fixed a serious crossbite in 1 week!!   That is incredible.  He had an anterior version (there was stuff added to the front).  The black marks are from paper that sees where things are touching (FYI).  Anyway, he benefited from an anterior one.

There are just Wal-Mart sports guards that may help.  The key is to make super thin and not bite with lower teeth (should be able to move freely).  Also, for a jaw muscle resting homemade sport guard splint is to keep it thin.  I buy the thinnest and smoosh it more after boiling..especially in the back where so want my teeth to come down.  Anyway, I’m going to try this.  Ever since I pushed my maxilla up through clenching...I’ve been uncomfortable.  So, I’m hoping to get back to baseline.  I believe that when people use splits they will thin them as they go...so the teeth can come out.  I had heard that if teeth are not pushed in they extrude.  I will have to link.  It was from someone on here and they are very wise (linked to external article).  

http://lspindelnycdds.blogspot.com/2014/03/what-is-deprogrammer.html?m=1  Here is a question on anterior ones.  The rest is to get a cotton roll (search in comments below).  You can also steal your girlfriend’s or wife’s low flow tampon and cut the string.  LOL  However, for many, it sounds like it may not be needed.  Just super cool stuff...I like cheap and effective non-surgical hacks!  Warning: see also in the comments that doing this may cause undesirable changes.  There’s a commentor who wants to undo what deprogramming did.  Also..it looks like the results are super fast!  It seems that DNA with acrylic between the teeth for 2 years is overkill.  I know they’re trying to advance the bite... but deprogramming can be quick and those with DNA for Soooo long can totally forget where their bites are.  Their chins kind of bounce all over.

This post was modified 3 months ago 4 times by darkindigo
ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/05/2019 10:23 am
Share:

As you undergo correction in the near future, please consider keeping records for your own sake and for others. Pictures of dental impressions, scans, medical reports reports can be very helpful even with all personally identifying information blocked out.

Your input could help many, many people

Face Development

Working

Please Login or Register