Share:

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Mewing but Tear trough and Dark circles worsening  

RSS
WILLIAM36563

I've been mewing for almost

5 months now. 

But my tear troughs under eye have become more deep and dark circles increased too. 

What do you think i might be doing wrong? 

What should i do? 

Posted : 12/02/2019 12:47 pm
darkindigo
Reputable Member

It could very well be that you're pushing your palatal vault up high?

If you were my brother, I would suggest to stop doing what you're doing.  Typically there would be some level of retraction... but it may not.   Might have to widen with braces or something so it can drop.

This post was modified 6 months ago 2 times by darkindigo
ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/02/2019 6:28 pm
AlphaMinus
Estimable Member

Well, you could start with the acknowledgement that correlation does not equal causation and that it's entirely possible that your tear troughs and dark circles would have worsened in the same time period even if you hadn't mewed. Dark circles can appear or worsen for a number for reasons, two examples being iron deficiency and weight loss. My tear troughs look more pronounced at lower body fat %'s. It's worth ruling out every possible cause for these things before linking them to the mewing. 

The other possibility is that your tear troughs and dark circles haven't worsened, and that since you started mewing your mind has become preoccupied with the monitoring of physical changes in your face. It's really easy to delude yourself into thinking a negative change has taken place when it hasn't. Especially when you're looking at photos which vary in lighting, angle, ambience etc. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/02/2019 6:38 pm

First off, congratulations on mewing for 5 months.  I second Alpha Minus, in that our perceptions are always changing and you might in fact look quite better than ever.  But if you are experiencing heightened discomfort, please do yourself a favor and visit a professional who can make sure that you're not in real trouble.

But also, as your bones adjust there may be a buildup of tension in your face.  I suggest getting a professional cranio-sacral massage or at least treating yourself to a good head and face massage.  Take a good bath in epsom salts and after you've dried off, if you are able, lean over so that your head is hanging upside down and massage your whole head and face for ten minutes.  After a few nights of this try and tell me you don't look and feel better.  

Take care!  

This post was modified 6 months ago 4 times by Boner McDingdong
ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/02/2019 7:11 pm
Share:

As you undergo correction in the near future, please consider keeping records for your own sake and for others. Pictures of dental impressions, scans, medical reports reports can be very helpful even with all personally identifying information blocked out.

Your input could help many, many people

Face Development

Working

Please Login or Register