Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

McKenzie Chin Tuck  

RSS
MTS
 MTS

I've just recently started doing the McKenzie Chin Tuck and I feel I have a decent grasp on how to do it when I'm not leaning against a wall. I'm just curious how long I should be chin tucking daily, the benefits of chin tucking and some basic do's and don'ts.

Posted : 15/06/2018 12:07 am
krollic
Reputable Member

All day and night if you can help it. Primarily it fixes your neck alignment and makes mewing more effective.

Paging @EddieMoney who is a big nerd when it comes to this thing.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/06/2018 12:34 am
Keengo
Trusted Member

I'm going to try the extended period of time holding of the chin tuck. I need practice, but I have hope this should make a difference with my neck muscles at the very least and posture somewhat too. I have exercised neck directly, but can't get much width going natty. Neck is just hell to get big/strong.

** The face pulling "bag method" -- https://the-great-work.org/community/main-forum/face-pulling/#post-3902 **

** Keengo Chin Tuck method w/force (WIP)-- https://the-great-work.org/community/main-forum/chin-tuck-with-added-force-chin-tuck-2-0-new-theory-inside/ **

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/06/2018 12:46 am
krollic
Reputable Member

do you reckon? personally I found it a lot easier to start doing than mewing. I can maintain it all day without thinking now. Sometimes I can get very distracted and stop mewing however

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/06/2018 2:39 am
MTS
 MTS

I feel I could maintain it all day if I wanted to, but holding this position is aesthetically unpleasing for me. My chin is pretty much non-existent in this state, so I don't know if I'd feel comfortable holding it out in public. How long does it take before you look normal holding this pose?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/06/2018 11:28 am
krollic
Reputable Member

yeah I feel you, mts. I don't know how long it would take for you as there are varying degrees of forward head posture however if you can maintain it while you are alone, or asleep or in a cubicle etc where there is some privacy that would be a very good start

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/06/2018 3:26 pm
EddieMoney
Reputable Member

I don't brand them as McKenzie chin tucks simply because to ME personally keeping your chin down and neck back is just part of maintaining proper cervical posture. I don't know why anyone wouldn't do this

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/06/2018 5:39 pm
Keengo
Trusted Member
Posted by: EddieMoney

I don't brand them as McKenzie chin tucks simply because to ME personally keeping your chin down and neck back is just part of maintaining proper cervical posture. I don't know why anyone wouldn't do this

There's a difference between doing a semi-tuck kind of posture all the time and just having a head/neck posture. I don't have forward head posture but never even heard of chin tucking or anything posture related being significant since just months past. Also, for people with really bad downward growth, tilting the head back and chin up a little is normal since this is often how people with that bone structure are forced to breath/keep their head and neck balanced/relaxed. People with no bone issues and good development never tend to do this because there's no need to: they breath and have all supporting structure developed ideally. Downward growth = probably mouth breather/nasal issues = head tilting to breath better and present oneself.

** The face pulling "bag method" -- https://the-great-work.org/community/main-forum/face-pulling/#post-3902 **

** Keengo Chin Tuck method w/force (WIP)-- https://the-great-work.org/community/main-forum/chin-tuck-with-added-force-chin-tuck-2-0-new-theory-inside/ **

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/06/2018 9:53 pm
EddieMoney
Reputable Member
Posted by: Keengo
Posted by: EddieMoney

There's a difference between doing a semi-tuck kind of posture all the time and just having a head/neck posture. I don't have forward head posture but never even heard of chin tucking or anything posture related being significant since just months past. Also, for people with really bad downward growth, tilting the head back and chin up a little is normal since this is often how people with that bone structure are forced to breath/keep their head and neck balanced/relaxed. People with no bone issues and good development never tend to do this because there's no need to: they breath and have all supporting structure developed ideally. Downward growth = probably mouth breather/nasal issues = head tilting to breath better and present oneself.

The problem with these people putting their jaw out is that it over time strains the neck and it slowly makes its way down to the lumbar. I used to be one of these people and it is precisely why I was short, had back problems, and had my midface sink in.

Facially forward head posture can do lots of damage. Bodily even worse. I didn't even do it to better present myself it just came natural 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/06/2018 5:40 pm
Rockyp33
Reputable Member
just a tip tryin pulling the occipital bone toward the ceiling (the bumpy spot on the back of youre head) and your posture becomes almost perfect
ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/06/2018 8:11 pm