Share:

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

McKenzie Chin Tuck and resorption of the anterior of the ramus  

RSS
Shell

Hi there,

Apologies if this has been discussed before. I did not find it. I have been doing the chin tuck regularly and have noticed that there is significant pressure on the posterior of the ramus and it occurred to me that the action may well be having the effect of wearing the back of the ramus. This would be great, of course, as it would mean the squaring of the rear of my mandible which is exactly what I would like, given that mine had an obtuse angle. I have only seen illustrations of bone deposition in this area but, of course, these are from textbooks and articles about growth.

Could the chin tuck be squaring the jaw to the angle of its genetic potential?

Can anyone comment of whether this has been explored? I have read about the use of the chin tuck for posture and muscle strengthening but not for bone resorption. Could this be an unintended beneficial advantage? I cannot find anything on Pub med etc.

Many thanks for reading. I look forward to your knowledgeable responses.

Shell

Posted : 25/10/2019 8:57 am
Topic Tags
Shell

Apologies, I have updated my post. The last one made very little sense. Diagrams now illustrate my point a bit better.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/10/2019 2:58 am
Share:

Face Development

Please Login or Register