Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Maxillary development in a 70 year old is clinically proven  

RSS
Shell

For those of you who are concerned about your ability to make changes because of your age; I found this presentation by a dentist and sleep expert who grew his maxilla and mandible using the Homeoblock appliance. I keep thinking that the Homeoblock is very similar in its principles to mewing, it uses slow palatal expansion. Enjoy the video it starts at 1:07 

https://youtu.be/R5S5AZ50pAE

Happy mewing!

Posted : 21/03/2019 2:39 pm
Leanora, dragonshark, Loliboly and 5 people liked
Topic Tags
ShaktiOm
Trusted Member

Very impressive. Thanks for sharing.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/03/2019 4:23 pm
Shell liked
Rockyp33
Reputable Member

holy [Rude Language or Insults are not tolerated] that video is incredibly educational

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/03/2019 12:23 am
Shell liked
Abdulrahman
Reputable Member

Awesome video. I particularly liked all the documentation that was done to show before and after.

my story: http://www.aljabri.com/blog/my-story/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/03/2019 1:14 am
Shell liked
Fiver

Interesting, I also had some form of sore throat almost every day in the past 10 years or so. Never thought it could be related to this stuff.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/03/2019 2:47 pm
Shell liked
snaaaaakes

What I find most remarkable is the repositioning of the posterior half of his maxilla and soft palate, and the reshaping of his nasopharynx!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/03/2019 3:35 pm
Shell liked
snaaaaakes

I went ahead and took some screenshots to make a before and after of his treatment. Not wildly dramatic aesthetically but yeah wow that airway!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/03/2019 2:17 pm
Shell liked
Abdulrahman
Reputable Member
Posted by: snaaaaakes

I went ahead and took some screenshots to make a before and after of his treatment. Not wildly dramatic aesthetically but yeah wow that airway!

Thanks for making that. Yes exactly, and the thing is allot of people have over expectations for what correct tongue posture can achieve esthetically. I have seen allot of transformations, from young to old, and often the esthetic element is under whelming compared to the airway improvement.

my story: http://www.aljabri.com/blog/my-story/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/03/2019 2:31 pm
Shell, Tom B, snaaaaakes and 1 people liked
mr.mewing
Estimable Member
Posted by: Abdulrahman

Thanks for making that. Yes exactly, and the thing is allot of people have over expectations for what correct tongue posture can achieve esthetically. I have seen allot of transformations, from young to old, and often the esthetic element is under whelming compared to the airway improvement.

keep in mind that he is 70! and he got a lot more bone made up if saw his scan later on in the video and his palate changed a lot which he did with the homeoblock

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/03/2019 3:17 am
Shell and Mewb liked
Odys
 Odys
Trusted Member

Remarkable result. It is rather wonderful to think that many may set to this work just for vanity and get solutions to problems they had not even identified but that were secretly ruining them.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/06/2019 3:48 pm
Shell liked
GoTTi
Trusted Member

This is a beautiful example of great documentation and I am very appreciative of the original poster, as well as the test subject and the people behind the scenes of this! 

I just wanted to ask, though, what aesthetic changes can anybody point out on this man on the after picture? I can personally identify some,  but I rather keep that confidential for now as I don’t want to lob my ideas. I want original ideas and observations 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/06/2019 7:14 pm
Shell and Loliboly liked
GoTTi
Trusted Member

What I find most remarkable is the repositioning of the posterior half of his maxilla and soft palate, and the reshaping of his nasopharynx!

Great observation. I’m not sure how this comment missed my radar. Just got to watch the entire YouTube video. Great stuff 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/06/2019 1:33 am
Shell liked
Loliboly
Estimable Member

@GoTTi
I can't really detect any changes besides from maybe a more sculpted ramus. His eyebrows are near to completely symmetrical in the after photo, but other factors besides from changes in the maxilla could explain that as well. Would be interesting to hear about your observations!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/06/2019 11:23 am
Shell liked
sinned
Estimable Member

@Loliboly 

Just watch the video mate, there's animated before and afters that show clear changes that would be harder to tell in simple before and after pictures. Go to 14:02 of the video for the part where he shows his results.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/06/2019 5:36 pm
Shell liked