Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Maxilla Sores after Facepulling - Good or Bad??  

RSS
lil nut
Eminent Member

After a few days of facepulling my soft pallet/nasal area sores like hell whenever i mew or facepull. It feel almost as if my vomer bone is gonna break and im gonna pull my maxilla off of my of my skull! Does anyone else experience something or have an explanation to this? 

Wouldn't it make sense that exertion inflicting pain would foster remodeling? bc even since starting this summer i got plus ~3 mm of intermolar width

Posted : 22/12/2019 4:35 pm
slipnkot666

routine?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/12/2019 8:58 am
Loliboly
Estimable Member

@lil nut

Before Ronald Ead sutures split due to his MSE, he described feeling some kind of pain before the actual separation. So maybe it is a sign that your sutures are splitting. And your inter molar width has certainly expanded rapidly, so congrats on that! Your description of the sensations in you skull sounds a bit worrying to me, however. Since you yourself don’t seem to be fully sure of what is going on, I would advise you to be proceed with caution for a while, before someone more knowledgeable comments on your case. In the meantime, please describe your routine, and we will might figure out what’s going on. Hopefully, you are on the right way.

Questions: how do you face pull, I.e what method do you practice? How often have you been doing it for how long? Have anything else worth mentioned occurred during this time?

It would also be interesting to know your current age, as well as your starting inter molar width.

Cheers, and Happy Christmas 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/12/2019 7:11 pm
lil nut
Eminent Member

@loliboly
@slipnkot666

I use a towel to face pull and my thumbs, I do it for around 30 sec with force incrementally throughout the day.
Original method by some1 else:

Iam 17 currently, I started mewing 1.5 years ago, back then my intermolar width was around 36 ish but it’s near 40 mm now.

The IMW increase might have happened before I started facepulling, since I was mewing long before. I’ve also been clenching/chewing for about a year now.

I’m going to DM Ronald ead on Instagram or email him. Thank you for the reply, happy chismis 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/12/2019 1:54 pm
EddieMoney
Reputable Member

Why are you clenching?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/12/2019 3:28 pm
lil nut
Eminent Member

@eddiemoney

Mastica Gum feels soft to me, and i can grow the jaw muscles faster with clentching

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/12/2019 1:14 pm
Kyte
 Kyte
Estimable Member

@lil-nut

How Is your occlusion? The worse it is, the less you should clench in my opinion.

A surgeon told me that biting on your teeth with malocclusion causes microtraumas that wears out teeth and gums tissues.

Just think about this: is it natural to clench like that?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/12/2019 2:09 pm
EddieMoney
Reputable Member
Posted by: @lil-nut

@eddiemoney

Mastica Gum feels soft to me, and i can grow the jaw muscles faster with clentching

Sure. Although you may also shorten your lower third. Is this a change you desire?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/12/2019 3:39 pm
lil nut
Eminent Member

@kyte

My occlusion has always been near perfect and ive never had appliances. ive been mewing most of my life i just have weak chewing muscles so im dolichofacial

@eddiemoney

Do you have any evidence of this? Or can you at least elaborate bc everyone i see with a long ramus clenches their teeth a lot ( i can see their stretch lines on thier jaw). Bruxism is a good example too

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/01/2020 9:46 pm
Kyte
 Kyte
Estimable Member

@lil-nut

Nice, you probably won't have too much problems if you clench sometimes

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/01/2020 5:38 am