Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Why quiet about masks?

darkindigo
Reputable Member

FYI - Masks tend to suck the tissues in the airway inward.  This is because they are hard to breathe through.  Don't believe it?  Intubation is a cause for airway issues as well, because the force of air is not felt against the tissues.  This is a much bigger deal and problem for kids.  They are growing and need the proper air forces to be felt against their airways in an outward motion.  However, for adults, it's also important!  Check this out.  According to https://www.prevention.com/health/a33297904/what-is-intubation/ > How long are COVID-19 patients intubated for?  Problems crop up with extended intubation.  The longer someone is intubated, the greater chance of airway narrowing or the lungs becoming more reliant on oxygen supplementation.

Essentially, since standard air pressure isn't getting applied against the airway, the tissues narrow.  So...with a COUNTER-pressure (inward sucking where the mask obstructs normal breathing), logic is that the airway is getting pulled inward.  This is worse than 0 pressure.  Positive pressure > 0 > negative pressure.  It seems mask SHRINK airways, especially for children.  This may not seem such a big deal, but there are even surgeries to expand airways and they hurt and have the chance for relapse.  Ex. 3 airway surgeries for some to literally CUT the airway to make it expand.  This doesn't sound so good.  So...I am trying to practice my clarinet, blow balloons, all those helpful activities (even blowing into a harmonica).  But just getting plain 'ol exercise can be of benefit.  

SHOCKED that Dr. Mew is not harping on masks.  Wish he certainly would. Thought righttogrow.org would have at least picked it up.  Crickets aren't good here.  The type of pressures being exerted by some masks ought to be measured.  Surely they're as powerful - if not moreso - than reverse pull face gear, no???

Topic starter Posted : 14/11/2020 3:47 am
bu20
 bu20

well, i dont believe masks are a [Rude Language or Insults are not tolerated] up for breathing/mewing at all. actually, i think they tend to help more than we think. btw, if u have trouble breathing while using a mask: u have respiratory problems, such as a tiny airway which is the cause of a small palate in the first place - and if u do have such problems + have the mentality to use your nose and not your mouth to breath: it can be the best exercise ever. u have to use your nose, you must use your lungs. in conclusion, it's a nice exercice to train yourself to breath through your nose and making your lungs healthier by using them - so, hmm i think kids and any human could benefit from this as long as they use their nose. as u said, there are those exercises with balloons and such, and well... u can get the exact same exercise by using a mask while running at the park, i dont see the point on going against it. i think is the best. hope this podcast can help a bit to understand where i come from: Joe Rogan Experience #1506 - James Nestor

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/11/2020 11:45 pm
Thomas22
Estimable Member

Masks encourage mouth breathing, and certainly don't protect you from Covid.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/11/2020 12:08 am
Tatsumi

Masks are good for mewing. It hides your double chin which caused by chin tuck.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/11/2020 5:04 am
Meowxilla liked
MewingChannel

I find it strange too. If Dr. Mike Mew were to find evidence regarding the harmful effects of masks and go about sharing it - he would risk losing support from subscribers who don't agree. Also, social media would censor him as he would be pointing out that masks are harmful.

I'm not a fan of the mask mandates, but at least I am still able to opt for a face shield - which I find better from a mewing perspective.

-John

"If you're not mewing then what are you doing?"

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/01/2021 4:10 pm