Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Mandible set back while mewing

Remy
 Remy

Hi

I thought I finally found the good resting posture with my deep bite occlusion : 

Tip of the tongue touching the front incisors and the whole tongue spreading on the roof of the mouth. Good suction and force on the side of the last molars.

In order to feel overall pressure on the skull and widen my face ; I want to engage the temporalis muscles. This contraction happens automatically by pushing a bit more the suction by the way. I feel great pressure and I can immediately see little contractions and bone movements at the zygomatic arch areas. 

But in this position, my mandible seems to retract (which is apparently normal according to the research I made from the "Jaws : Masseter pattern VS Temporalis pattern" topic).

I wanted to know if it's normal and recommended to do like this.

Topic starter Posted : 31/03/2021 9:12 am