NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Mandible Improvement, but less harmonious face, help!  

RSS
theclassychad

I have been mewing and chewing on and off for about 2 years. The past 4 months or so I have been very consistent and focused on proper form, body posture, etc. 

I have seen tremendous improvement in my gonial angle, and my mandible seems to have lengthened quite a bit as well. My maxilla on the other hand does not seem to be moving forward. This has led to a pretty deep looking underbite and a less harmonious looking face. 

How can I fix this? I want that toned midface and wide upper jaw to come through to match my lower jaw. Do I need a removable expander or something? Am I mewing improperly? 

I just turned 21. Please help!

Posted : 20/01/2019 1:22 am
Slinky
Trusted Member

I don't think gonial angle can change without some movement in maxilla. You sure these changes aren't just placebo?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/01/2019 7:44 am
theclassychad

I am sure. I look different in candid photographs. This is not the result of jutting or something else placebo induced. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/01/2019 10:25 am
Abdulrahman
Reputable Member

Did you start off with an underbite or develop it after mewing? Its possible that your mandibular condyles remodeled to place the lower jaw forward and higher giving you the physical changes you describe.

my story: http://www.aljabri.com/blog/my-story/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/01/2019 11:03 am
theclassychad

I developed it after mewing. Prior I had a slight open bite. So yes, that is a possibility. I am more interested in how to fix it / how to prevent it from moving even further forward in the future. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/01/2019 12:28 am
Progress
Member Moderator

Describe your mewing technique a bit. Emphasis on anterior/posterior tongue? Suction/no suction? Gentle/hard pressure?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/01/2019 12:51 am