Forum

NOTICE:

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Make sure that you have a good body posture  

RSS
NeverGiveup
(@nevergiveup)

Unbelievable how important good body posture is.

I'm currently trying to get the perfect body posture, and god, only changing my posture, also changed the way how im swallowing, breathing etc.

I'll share here my "body posture routine".

Edit : Of course also the position of my tongue at rest. I now believe that body posture is probably the most important aspect to obtain fast results.

This topic was modified 1 week  ago 2 times by NeverGiveup
ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/11/2018 8:28 am
dreamMaxilla
(@dreammaxilla)

https://youtu.be/TQqgf8kB6R8

This video was very helpful to me for changing body posture .Improving body posture will boost your confidence instantly .

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/11/2018 8:43 am NeverGiveup liked
Halti.H
(@halti-h)

For sure, in my case my face started growing downwards after I couldn't move much due to joint pain and I lost my muscles and developed a poor posture. At 14 I looked great, now at 18 I'm pretty damn ugly. 

My problem is though, I still have the joint pain and it's pretty much impossible to build the muscles that would promote a great posture. My walking looks kinda weird, my hips are swinging from side to side when I walk.

And honestly, I think the main reason why hunter gatherers had so well developed faces was more because they moved around so much and had a great bodily posture, and not just because they ate hard foods even though that surely played a role too. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/11/2018 10:35 am NeverGiveup liked
ben
 ben
(@ben)
Eminent Member
Posted by: Halti.H

For sure, in my case my face started growing downwards after I couldn't move much due to joint pain and I lost my muscles and developed a poor posture. At 14 I looked great, now at 18 I'm pretty damn ugly. 

My problem is though, I still have the joint pain and it's pretty much impossible to build the muscles that would promote a great posture. My walking looks kinda weird, my hips are swinging from side to side when I walk.

And honestly, I think the main reason why hunter gatherers had so well developed faces was more because they moved around so much and had a great bodily posture, and not just because they ate hard foods even though that surely played a role too. 

While I agree with you that hunter-gatherers were relatively active, most people severely overestimate just exactly how active they were.

In studying the movements and lifestyles of various indigenous peoples, Esther Gokhale, a sufferer of acute chronic back pain, noted how these people went about their daily lives in a poised, "fluid" manner. Sure, they weren't exactly "couch potatoes"—yet they weren't constantly moving around and remaining active. In each culture, she noted how these people valued their rest and relaxation, and would often spend a great deal of their waking hours sitting down.

She has since (through intense and thorough research) concluded that it isn't our daily movements (or lack thereof—see sitting) that are damaging us, but how we move. Healthy, robust posture is ingrained in all of us since birth. Just like any other animal in the world, we as a species are designed in such a way which only benefits our health, not detracts from it. Think about it: if we were inherently unhealthy, our species would have died off a long time ago. However, this is simply not the case. 

It is only recently that the majority of us have lost sight of what is healthy and natural. This is due to our modern, industrialized society (fun fact: slouching was originally promoted in French fashion magazines as "chic" in the early 1920s; this cultural impact subsequently played a large role in our physical degeneration), which promotes unhealthy behaviors and contorts our body through poorly-designed furniture. On top of that, since we no longer learn how to stand, sit, etc. (in indigenous and rural societies, Esther has noted that parents of offspring hold them in such a way which aligns their spine in a healthy "J" shape; once they're old enough to understand and communicate, such offspring are taught how to go about their daily activities in a healthy, beneficial manner), this cycle has only continued, and will continue to do so provided we do not take immediate action.

HIGHLY recommend reading her book, 8 Steps to a Pain-Free Back. It's relatively inexpensive to purchase, but if you don't have the funds to do so, you could always try checking it out at your local library (this is what I have done)! Her book essentially retrains your body through eight separate lessons, and she has a ton of included patient testimonials which detail the positive changes that came about from their newfound knowledge. One college-aged girl even completely healed her severe scoliosis in a matter of months

Of course, these changes in lifestyle will be difficult. They will require dedication and concentration. Just focus on the end result, and remember: nothing in nature is inherently designed to make us unhealthy (bar genetic abnormalities, etc.). 

Also, just in case you want more information on Esther Gokhale and her method, you can check out her website: 

https://gokhalemethod.com/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/11/2018 1:40 pm
Share:

As you undergo correction in the near future, please consider keeping records for your own sake and for others. Pictures of dental impressions, scans, medical reports reports can be very helpful even with all personally identifying information blocked out.

Your input could help many, many people

Face Development

Working

Please Login or Register