Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Made my extraction sites significantly harder?

Greensmoothies
Estimable Member

So I'm not 100% sure how I managed this, but the 5 places where I have extractions now feel significantly harder (before they were almost spongy). I can feel the area because I maintained all the teeth spaces (or in the case of my wisdoms, have obtained enough forward growth for the space to develop).

The only new thing I've done lately is initiating a practice of swishing 1/4-1/2 tsp of magnesium sulfate in my mouth each night, as I read this was helpful in periodontal disease and helps with tooth pain. The tooth pain I had was resolved shortly after beginning this treatment and I kept at it for a month thereafter because I noticed a whitening effect and felt like it couldn't do any harm. Then I noticed a week ago that all my extraction sites were significantly harder and it's as if bone has built up there? But can it work that quickly?

I do have a before X-ray, but didn't Dr. Mew say it takes a few years for bone to show up on X-rays? (maybe I can confirm this eventually/rule it out)

My main question is how might this hardening effect influence Mewing?

Remember this pain... and let it activate you.

Topic starter Posted : 28/08/2018 12:44 pm
Sclera
Estimable Member

I can't speak for the hardening, and I hope someone else can answer that one.

But if you think this is a negative and are looking to cut back on the magnesium swishing, I highly recommend Natural Dentist Healthy Gums Aloe Vera mouthwash. My gums have never been better since I started using it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/08/2018 2:16 pm
Greensmoothies
Estimable Member

Ohh, I never thought of brushing or rinsing with aloe vera, will have to try it. And the use of potassium to reduce sensitivity is something I'll try if that happens again

I'm not sure if it's a negative, but I wonder if it might interfere with palate expansion somehow. Slow it down, maybe? My teeth also feel a bit stronger and my theory is the magnesium penetrated the gums, then bound to calcium that was pushed out of the bone matrix by chewing, which was then was taken up by the bone?

Anyway it doesn't seem to be reversible in the short term so I'm stuck with this situation, for better or worse. It kind of reminds me of this dentist I came across here from The Calcium Institute who used some form of magnesium, calcium and zinc in the mouth to rebuild bone (bone loss from bridges, extractions etc)

If this is bone building (not sure what else it could be) perhaps it's an easy way to avoid bone grafts.

Anyone recall one of the Mews saying you can only see bone growth/change by X-ray after a couple of years?

Remember this pain... and let it activate you.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 29/08/2018 2:42 pm