The Great Work Community Chat
Only logged in users are allowed to enter the chat

Share:

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Looking for youtube video of maxilla forward from bruxism  

RSS
proxarian

Hi,

once upon a time (a year ago), I came across a video on youtube where someone with bruxism moved her (it was a she) maxilla forward over a period of 7 years. I came across this video because I had bruxism (grinding teeth) but didnt book mark it and am now trying to find it. After 3 hours of searching, I stopped and decided to post here in case anyone has a link for it.

My interest is the age of the "bruxism" patient and also the before + after photo that is shown side by side in the youtube video.

If you have this video, please post a link. Thanks

Posted : 23/10/2019 3:42 pm
Fknasymetries
Eminent Member

is it this video? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0ZRkXIBIpw

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/10/2019 4:45 pm
EddieMoney
Reputable Member

Moving your jaw forward does little to improve facial aesthetics.

Look at that. That much width and still a long midface. Chewing doesn't do jack for your face but make you bloated looking. Who cares about a low gonial angle?

Expansion on the other hand does affect facial aesthetics. 

?1417842752

Wide palate = aesthetic face. Just simply having "forward growth" is meaningless unless you want a gigantic jaw.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/10/2019 8:24 pm
printfactory

You need both imo. Thing is a wide palate is relatively easy to get, you can just use an expander if you really want it. Forward growth and maxillary upswing is much harder to achieve.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/10/2019 5:20 am
EddieMoney
Reputable Member
Posted by: @printfactory

You need both imo. Thing is a wide palate is relatively easy to get, you can just use an expander if you really want it. Forward growth and maxillary upswing is much harder to achieve.

Bruxism doesn't cause upswing. Expansion on the other hand can affect the midface ratio, thereby creating the appearance of upswing even if the bone didn't move upwards.

All bruxism does is overloads the masseters. It may push the maxilla forward which allows the mandible to come forward, but if your facial ratios are off it won't do anything positive. Expansion will on the other hand. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/10/2019 11:56 am
proxarian

@fknasymmetries

Thanks for the link.

The video at the link looks familiar but it isnt that one. I recall hearing the words "and the maxilla went from down here all the way up to there". it was also just a single photo that I could remember and was a younger girl.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/10/2019 1:35 pm
Share:

As you undergo correction in the near future, please consider keeping records for your own sake and for others. Pictures of dental impressions, scans, medical reports reports can be very helpful even with all personally identifying information blocked out.

Your input could help many, many people

Face Development

Please Login or Register