Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Looking For Advice  

RSS
blah
 blah

Hi everyone,

I just want to share my story, and hopefully someone can learn from me as well as help give me advice.

About a year ago I was working very hard to improve my tongue posture by pushing on the roof of my mouth. After months of doing so I started noticing that the bones of my head were shifting over time. I believe I was doing tongue posture incorrectly and pushing with my tongue on the roof of my mouth in the wrong way because my structure was changing for the worse. Anyway, I felt the bones of my head shift, and certain bones started to feel "loose" and unstable, as if the structural integrity of my skull had been compromised by the bones being moved out of place. Now the entire structural integrity of my head feels compromised, the bones feel out of place and loose, and this has really ruined my life right to some degree right now. 

I have been doing NCR (NeuroCranial Restructuring) with Dr. Howell to try to address this problem, and I have done two series with him with no luck so far. I worked with a couple myofunctional therapists as well that did not know what to do unfortunately. I also did the FAGGA (Forward Anterior Growth Guidance Appliance) 2 years ago, but I do not believe it caused this problem. I am thinking about scheduling an online consultation with Dr. Mike Mew to ask for his input and advice, but otherwise I am at a loss as to what to do.

I hope this information helps people realize that "mewing" and doing tongue posture incorrectly or other practices to change the structure of the head should be taken with caution and done wisely. I believe they work if they are done properly, but otherwise there can be serious consequences. And I would really appreciate it if somebody could give me some advice or direction as to what I can do.

Thanks,

Garrett

Posted : 10/04/2019 12:26 am
Topic Tags