Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Looking for "Mewers" with good results that are well documented for an interview (which will be shared with Mike Mew, who may comment)  

RSS
mr.mewing
Estimable Member

I have some ideas

I am a guy that is really into orthotropic but also in conspiracy theories.

and recently I came across a documentary which got shared by a lot of people: https://www.youtube.com/ [No point in sharing it here if it's off topic- moderator]

I know that video has nothing to do with the topic but it is just an example of how [Rude Language or Insults are not tolerated] up this world is.

but anyway I like to discuss him if there could be some conspiracy theory behind CFD.

children are getting smaller and smaller skulls because of the soft food and because of the bad posture.

this might be not that bad at all but I notice that the people with CFD have a really bad appearance and have most of the time much lower self-esteem because of this which lead to a hard life to live in general in my opinion.

I know a guy in my town which has CFD and people make a lot of fun of him because of his appearance.

also could be that the food industries can be linked to the orthodontic industry?

who knows.

s

Posted : 16/04/2020 1:01 pm
EddieMoney
Reputable Member

I would like to do this

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/04/2020 1:23 pm
Greensmoothies
Estimable Member

So it's a video discussion with Mike Mew? That he posts on the Orthotropics channel?

Remember this pain... and let it activate you.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/04/2020 1:55 pm
TGW
 TGW
TGW Admin Admin
Posted by: @greensmoothies

So it's a video discussion with Mike Mew? That he posts on the Orthotropics channel?

It's likely going to his Patreon first, then moving to the channel. Wherever it is, it'll be coming out April 24

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/04/2020 3:09 pm
TGW
 TGW
TGW Admin Admin
Posted by: @eddiemoney

I would like to do this

Sure, but please elaborate on what your ideas are (you can PM me). And we're gonna want to have some research and media material pre-prepared for the discussion

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/04/2020 3:12 pm
TGW
 TGW
TGW Admin Admin
Posted by: @mr-mewing

I have some ideas

I am a guy that is really into orthotropic but also in conspiracy theories.

and recently I came across a documentary which got shared by a lot of people: https://www.youtube.com/ [No point in sharing it here if it's off topic- moderator]

I know that video has nothing to do with the topic but it is just an example of how [Rude Language or Insults are not tolerated] up this world is.

but anyway I like to discuss him if there could be some conspiracy theory behind CFD.

children are getting smaller and smaller skulls because of the soft food and because of the bad posture.

this might be not that bad at all but I notice that the people with CFD have a really bad appearance and have most of the time much lower self-esteem because of this which lead to a hard life to live in general in my opinion.

I know a guy in my town which has CFD and people make a lot of fun of him because of his appearance.

also could be that the food industries can be linked to the orthodontic industry?

who knows.

s

That could be interesting, if you have a specific proposal I'll ask Mike if he wants to talk about it. He's talked about following the money and being disrupted by the ortho industry before, but that's been the scope of discussion so far.

I removed the youtube link because, like you said, it's got nothing to do with our topic other than the general idea of corruption or conspiracy 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/04/2020 3:28 pm
EddieMoney
Reputable Member
Posted by: @admin

I would like to do this

Sure, but please elaborate on what your ideas are (you can PM me). And we're gonna want to have some research and media material pre-prepared for the discussion

Ideas are on:

Facial muscle use and its effect on asymmetry. How tensing and relaxing facial muscles can improve this.

Resting mandible position and chewing motions (what teeth to use). I personally ascribe to teeth not touching at rest and the mandible being held in a neutral condylar position without teeth touching but still holding a lip seal

Effects of the temporalis and masseter overuse on facial appearance. I have recently started using my temporalis more for chewing and I feel this has rotated my skull clockwise, helping me to correct my Class 3 alignment

Just a few ideas off top

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/04/2020 4:26 pm
Greensmoothies
Estimable Member

It's likely going to his Patreon first, then moving to the channel. Wherever it is, it'll be coming out April 24

Is that the date of the discussion? When you know the time and date I can figure out my availability.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/04/2020 5:50 pm
TGW
 TGW
TGW Admin Admin

Is that the date of the discussion? When you know the time and date I can figure out my availability.

April 24th is the premier date of the video, but the discussion will be pre-recorded beforehand - keeping in mind that Mike is on UK time.

I would need a proposal of the discussion topic before forwarding it to him. Are you thinking about the PEMF machine?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/04/2020 6:15 pm
TGW
 TGW
TGW Admin Admin

I would like to do this

Ideas are on:

Facial muscle use and its effect on asymmetry. How tensing and relaxing facial muscles can improve this.

Resting mandible position and chewing motions (what teeth to use). I personally ascribe to teeth not touching at rest and the mandible being held in a neutral condylar position without teeth touching but still holding a lip seal

Effects of the temporalis and masseter overuse on facial appearance. I have recently started using my temporalis more for chewing and I feel this has rotated my skull clockwise, helping me to correct my Class 3 alignment

Just a few ideas off top

Those are good topics; I believe you had also looked into the palatoglossus muscle issue as well? Whether or not you agreed with it, it could be discussed.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/04/2020 6:20 pm
Greensmoothies
Estimable Member

April 24th is the premier date of the video, but the discussion will be pre-recorded beforehand - keeping in mind that Mike is on UK time.

I would need a proposal of the discussion topic before forwarding it to him. Are you thinking about the PEMF machine?

The household here will probably be sleeping whenever the discussion is scheduled (PST here).

Yeah, that and some other ideas... I can flesh it out more if the timing works out.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/04/2020 7:30 pm
EddieMoney
Reputable Member

Also, whether allowing the tongue to push against all teeth in a lower position can assist with quicker adult progress, essentially mimicking a device. I started doing this when I started keeping my teeth apart at rest. The mechanism behind this essentially being that the tongue pushes the teeth to a more outward position, allowing the mandible to be held in a lower position.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/04/2020 9:04 pm
Progress
Member Moderator

Also, whether allowing the tongue to push against all teeth in a lower position can assist with quicker adult progress, essentially mimicking a device. I started doing this when I started keeping my teeth apart at rest. The mechanism behind this essentially being that the tongue pushes the teeth to a more outward position, allowing the mandible to be held in a lower position.

This would be an interesting topic. I.e. exactly why does he deem tongue-teeth contact harmful and whether there could be upsides to it too.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/04/2020 6:56 am
Odys and EddieMoney liked
Azrael
Estimable Member

I'd like to hear John and Mike's opinion on helmutstrebl's case, if it's possible. Don't know if it's discussion-worthy in their perspective but as mewers, it's possibly the best results we've seen.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/04/2020 4:45 pm
TGW
 TGW
TGW Admin Admin

@EddieMoney @Greensmoothies @mr.mewing Please PM me your email addresses or other contact info (including time zone), I'll forward them to Mike along with the general idea of what you said and he'll contact you to set up the discussion.

@Azrael I'd want @helmutstrebl ' s permission before discussing his case

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/04/2020 1:20 pm
harrykanemaxilla
Estimable Member

Best way to widen pallet with the tongue. Does Mew think Tongue Ballooning is the best way to do this?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/04/2020 3:14 pm
TGW
 TGW
TGW Admin Admin

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/04/2020 6:38 pm
Azrael
Estimable Member

@Azrael I'd want @helmutstrebl ' s permission before discussing his case

Yeah, we could have asked him if he was active here.

@community-lurker

Hey man, mind giving him a heads-up?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/04/2020 6:57 pm
Community Lurker

@Azrael @TGW I asked him in discord, he gives his permission.

Will ask him tomorrow to post about it here on the site as himself aswell though as further verification and so people won't just have to go by my word on it. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/04/2020 5:34 pm
Azrael liked
Azrael
Estimable Member
Posted by: @community-lurker

@Azrael @TGW I asked him in discord, he gives his permission.

Will ask him tomorrow to post about it here on the site as himself aswell though as further verification and so people won't just have to go by my word on it. 

Excellent. Thank you for asking him.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/04/2020 6:51 pm
Community Lurker

@helmutstrebl forgot his password

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/04/2020 11:59 am