Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Large anterior neck muscles in correlation with forward growth??  

RSS
Mewer000

Could performing weighted neck curls results in more forward growth? Just google image search handsome actors, majority have at least a 15 inch neck or thicker, perhaps strong frontal neck muscles help promote upward/forward jaw growth? I cant think of anyone who has a thick neck and a moderatley/severely recessed chin at this point in time, feel free to discuss with examples that disprove this hypothesis

Posted : 15/10/2018 5:47 am
Halti.H

Perhaps, I think the reason why people that have thick necks often have a well developed face is because they naturally hold a better posture. And I think that by correcting your posture neck muscles would develop. I've read that many neck exercises are pretty bad for the neck though.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/10/2018 6:56 am
EddieMoney
Reputable Member

I have a 17 inch neck and a 50mm mew line score. So I guess not. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/10/2018 11:41 pm
Achilles1
Trusted Member

This post reminds me of this guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Br_PFZsyEuQ

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/10/2018 5:02 am
Skull
Trusted Member

I would recommend working your neck with bodyweight only excercises, they are better and more natural, and lastly functional because they are trained as a whole system with your entire body. Isolated excercices might be good to develop muscles visually, but they are not functional in terms of, functionality, equilibrium, coordination, etc. Not to mention the mediocre training on joints and tendoms, but I'm diverting from the topic.

In neck training the "ultimate" excercices you should focus on would be the wrestler bridge and frontal neck bridge with their lateral movements and progressions, don't try these right away as you could injure yourself, work on easier forms, first starting with normal bridging excercices, once you can perform a perfect bridge on all fours like THIS, you can begin working on the neck, using your arms as assistance. If you want a deep understansing and complete progression system on bodyweight training I highly recommend the series of books "convict conditioning" they are 3 books and they changed my life, I've been training with this system for a couple of years now and soon will begin my neck training. Example of wrestler bridge

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/10/2018 12:39 pm
EddieMoney
Reputable Member

I hear that neck training can actually lead to sleep apnea. 

For the sake of forward growth neck thickness has no correlation anyway. I have a thick muscular neck and am still recessed. Not to mention some people are good looking despite being recessed anyway. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/10/2018 8:02 pm
krollic
Reputable Member

Do you fellas reckon when doing a chin-tuck it's worth over-correcting and have the neck angled back instead of straight up? I can maintain vertical neck posture with very little effort to the point where backwards neck posture is easy for me to do. I'm thinking that in the short term this would be good for building up those muscles responsible for keeping your head back and aid in stronger mewing forces.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/10/2018 11:03 pm
Progress
Member Moderator
Posted by: krollic

Do you fellas reckon when doing a chin-tuck it's worth over-correcting and have the neck angled back instead of straight up? I can maintain vertical neck posture with very little effort to the point where backwards neck posture is easy for me to do. I'm thinking that in the short term this would be good for building up those muscles responsible for keeping your head back and aid in stronger mewing forces.

I have found this beneficial in terms of the neck strength you mention, along with overall body posture. If you have downswung maxilla, such overcorrecting will rotate your palate to a more horizontal position, which kind of simulates a forward grown maxilla and allows the tongue and neck musculature to function more naturally.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/10/2018 7:55 am