Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

jaw shifting to the side  

RSS
MarusDod

I've always had a gap between my two front teeth, naturally I thought I needed orthodontic treatment to fix that, later I ended up cancelling the treatment because I found out about mewing and because even though my gap wasnt visible anymore they still wanted to put more and more appliances that would impede me from mewing.

Over the course of the months after I took off my braces,as my palate expanded and my gap grew wider, I noticed that my 2 upper front teeth were shifting to the right or my lower to the left I'm not sure.

How do I reverse this? Every time I eat I can feel it shifting more and more to the side

Posted : 31/03/2020 11:08 am
Fred
 Fred
Estimable Member

Wow. Is it with with passing day you feel a stronger pressure to the side? That may be an illusion because your teeth aren't gonna shift that easily. I'm gonna focus on the title. 

When improper body posture is a habit, sometimes you can see the imbalance of bone and muscle mass in the face. You may be leaning your weight off to the side or your head is tilted to the side. Interestingly, your legs could possibly be different lengths and it's pretty common for people to have. 1/8th, 1/4th, 1/2th inches of difference is found in these asymmetric-legged people.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/04/2020 4:26 am
Thomas22
Trusted Member
Posted by: @marusdod

Over the course of the months after I took off my braces

My teeth shifted after my braces were removed. My diastema returned, and my orthodontist ended up cementing a metal retainer in to prevent further movement.

I would assume that any changes in your teeth are probably related to the removal of your braces.

As for having an off center bite.

I can only speak from my experience, but I have one, and I think it's related to the shape of my jaws. If my bite was dead center, my molars wouldn't touch, so I think I learned to rotate my jaw to the left, so they would touch, at least on the right side. 

I've been wearing a palate expander since January, and it's starting to correct this issue. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/04/2020 7:43 pm