NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Jaw clenches when I hard mew  

RSS
harrykanemaxilla
Trusted Member

When I hard mew, I suction my tongue onto the pallet and then I push up really hard and my jaw then clenches and the harder I mew, the harder I clench and it’s difficult to hard mew without clenching

Posted : 26/09/2019 4:47 pm
krollic
Estimable Member

strengthen the tongue with exercises to counterbalance the jaw 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/09/2019 5:19 am
printfactory
Eminent Member

@krollic

I don´t understand how the tongue counteracts the jaws. When I suck the tongue up to the roof of my mouth I create a vacuum in my mouth that pulls the lower jaw towards the upper jaw automatically but I don´t feel any counter pressure from the tongue. Could it be that my palate is too high-arched for the tongue to exert proper downwards force?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/09/2019 6:56 am
krollic
Estimable Member

a strong tongue naturally exerts pressure upwards even when you're not engaging it. you're tongue shouldn't just hang from the palate imo. even when I'm not activating my tongue it pushes upwards and helps negate jaw clenching.

I doubt the arch is the problem.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/09/2019 1:30 pm
Goblin_slayer

You need better control of your tounge. I used to do this before i really commited to mewing. Now i can hard mew and open my mouth at the same time ie if i want to visually see what my tounges doing il hard mew and look at whats happening in the mirror

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/09/2019 7:55 pm
RamonT liked