Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

I’ve been focusing on the back for too long, should I hard mew on the green spot rather than the red spot?

LACHRIS

Appreciate any advice 

Topic starter Posted : 11/03/2020 2:09 am
Azrael
Estimable Member

Both are important from what we know. Your whole tongue should stick to the palate.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/03/2020 5:17 am
LACHRIS and Elwynn liked
Oatmeal
Trusted Member

same thing happened to me and @elwynn

the back is very important but the front is underestimated, and not mewing in the front very well is why i think i lacked progress, so ye

good luck 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/03/2020 12:00 pm
PaperBag liked
PaperBag
Estimable Member

Of course, focus on getting all of it up. On a side note, I think that those of us who can't easily get the back up are doing themselves a disservice in not just focusing on the front. Especially if lacking forward projection, it's going to do a lot more than trying in vain to make the posterior tongue fit when it can't, at the expense of what can be easily controlled. (I have a high palate, the back tongue is not going to stay up no matter what I do)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/03/2020 4:51 pm
Oatmeal liked
sinned
Estimable Member

@paperbag

I think everyone should just push the tongue forward (above the front teeth), it's simple and easy. I also find that when I push the tongue forward it naturally brings the back of my tongue up, as long as I'm pushing above the front teeth, what I notice in myself is that when I push the tongue against the teeth the back of the tongue doesn't come up, if you push forward in the proper place it forces the tongue to come up.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/03/2020 6:43 pm
Robbie343 liked
Robbie343
Trusted Member

@sinned

I agree. If you want forward growth the force should go that way. I had forward growth with slight flaring of my upper incisors when my jaws and posture were ideal. Once I learned to suction I then applied pressure forward and that’s when I start feeling sensations around my mid face. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/03/2020 10:00 pm