Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Is this Forward Growth?  

RSS
bosker123

So i found this, and i want to know if this is forward growth. If not, then what is it?

She almost has no submental tho... how can i 'look' the same as her? Mewing can do this or any kind of appliance?

Posted : 07/04/2019 7:13 am
EddieMoney
Reputable Member

Looks like good development to me. Submental fat has nothing to do with growth. Skin folds are different though. But more than likely anyone can achieve that look under the chin with low enough bodyfat

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/04/2019 8:28 am
bosker123

Nice, its just that some people look like if their jaw isnt long enough or far enough from the skull. Resultado de imagen de BRAD PITT side profile

Like this, it looks like his jaw isnt long or just short/small in comparison with the girl. Probably the submental makes a huge role on it too 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/04/2019 8:45 am
EddieMoney
Reputable Member

Girls have more pointed chins (to balance out the narrowness of their mandible) so a female profile may appear more projecting than a male in that region even though men have a longer ramus than women most of the time. Most girls also have softer or absent brow bones so that too will make their chin project more from the side. Men have heavier brows and more flat chins. For example few men can look like Angelina Jolie in profile because their brow would be too heavy.

From a skull standpoint men's mandibles are proportionally larger most of the time.

That said Brad Pitt has a good degree of neoteny combined with a smaller projecting chin which makes it appear that way. Lots of "pretty boys" have softer features but it doesn't necessarily mean they are less forward grown. Pitt has a short midface indicating his vertical growth is not deficient. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/04/2019 9:23 pm
WILLIAM36563

Mandible size is a major factor for this look which is genetic to a large extent. 

Mewing may tighten your submental area but it won't change mandible size. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/04/2019 8:43 am
mr.mewing
Estimable Member
Posted by: WILLIAM36563

Mandible size is a major factor for this look which is genetic to a large extent. 

i think mandible size is more realted to muscle density of the masseter muscles 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/04/2019 8:54 am
EddieMoney
Reputable Member
Posted by: WILLIAM36563

I don't think mandible size is genetic. Matter of fact most of what our face looks like (including proportions) can be tied to muscle use.

People with bruxism develop larger mandibles so it isn't as cut and dry as just "genetics"

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/04/2019 3:20 pm