Share:

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

is nutrition during pregnancy more important than tongue posture?  

RSS
JeanMacDougall
Eminent Member

ive been thinking about this for a long while and recently saw a video by frank tufano on the subject that made a lot of sense. ive been dabbling with modelling, and seeing all of these girls with perfect faces eating nothing but vegan shakes and having poor oral posture... it just doesnt add up. you really think these girls with their perfect cheekbones and strong bones were eating hard foods from childhood? half of them barely chew at all. i believe that everything mostly boils down to how wide of a face youre born with, and i think a better diet with more nutrition during pregnancy is the main contributor to a well developed face.

thoughts?

Posted : 12/06/2019 7:04 pm
krollic
Estimable Member

I think it's a case of them likely having grown up with good posture i.e development and in order to be competitive in modeling; starving themselves.

Eventually they will lose the strength and energy to maintain said posture and i'm pretty sure they will lose their good definitions. People are likely to experience more facial recession as they age.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/06/2019 2:26 am
Roflcopters
Trusted Member

I think it's all mainly  about an individuals genetic potential and either maintaining it if you come to this world well developed or achieving it best you can with nutrition and good habits. 

I'm pretty good looking and both my oral and body posture growing up were horrible. I was lucky I was born well developed. Now at 25 I can see the effects that lack of proper habits had on my body. My palate isn't wide even, crossbite, mild scoliosis, midline discrepancy and I still look good. My outer U is what dictates that. It's mainly genetics that kept me from deteriorating more. 

Now obviously.. Mewing and body posture can both be a cause for good results and if not done at all be a cause for downwards growth and loss of the genetic potential.

Its not all genetics, there's a big environmental aspect to it, but it's a whole lot about how you look and are well developed from birth.

Nutrition has a big role on bone health. Vegans and frutarians actually get a lot more vitamins and minerals than the standard American diet without congesting their body with meat,dairy and acidifying their body's Ph. Nutrition is whole other huge topic. Take the milk example.. We're the only species that drinks milk from another species. The calcium you get from pasteurized milk isn't even well absorbed by the body bec of the acidity of it. Calcium is an acid neutralizer. It goes back to ur blood stream when the pH is too low. If milk is so good why do we see osteoporosis rates grow? Read the China Study. Same with a whole other irony filled examples that should be good for you but aren't. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/06/2019 11:11 am
Freddie
Eminent Member

I dont think so, I had a pretty good face when I was a kid and then from being on tv, computers, my whole life I ended totally deformed from what I looked like. (Scoliosis, narrow palate, small jaw, allergies, nerd neck, crooked nose) and the fact that I had braces didn’t helped me. Also these dudes claim that they had proper oral posture all their life. : https://www.reddit.com/r/orthotropics/comments/b93dan/2_years_progress/

https://youtu.be/ZhNGxo96n60

Look at how their faces look. From my personal experience all the good looking people I know have at least the type of the tongue on the spot. 

This post was modified 3 months ago by Freddie
ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/06/2019 3:17 pm
JeanMacDougall
Eminent Member
Posted by: Roflcopters

I think it's all mainly  about an individuals genetic potential and either maintaining it if you come to this world well developed or achieving it best you can with nutrition and good habits. 

I'm pretty good looking and both my oral and body posture growing up were horrible. I was lucky I was born well developed. Now at 25 I can see the effects that lack of proper habits had on my body. My palate isn't wide even, crossbite, mild scoliosis, midline discrepancy and I still look good. My outer U is what dictates that. It's mainly genetics that kept me from deteriorating more. 

Now obviously.. Mewing and body posture can both be a cause for good results and if not done at all be a cause for downwards growth and loss of the genetic potential.

Its not all genetics, there's a big environmental aspect to it, but it's a whole lot about how you look and are well developed from birth.

Nutrition has a big role on bone health. Vegans and frutarians actually get a lot more vitamins and minerals than the standard American diet without congesting their body with meat,dairy and acidifying their body's Ph. Nutrition is whole other huge topic. Take the milk example.. We're the only species that drinks milk from another species. The calcium you get from pasteurized milk isn't even well absorbed by the body bec of the acidity of it. Calcium is an acid neutralizer. It goes back to ur blood stream when the pH is too low. If milk is so good why do we see osteoporosis rates grow? Read the China Study. Same with a whole other irony filled examples that should be good for you but aren't. 

im only talking nutrition during pregnancy and maybe early life. reason i brought up vegan diets, is because its a very soft one.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/06/2019 6:48 pm
Roflcopters
Trusted Member

It's soft if you drink smoothies. Apples. Pears. Nuts. Raw veggies. Far harder than any cooked piece of meat. And it's mostly about how you chew food. 

Yeah Its a well known fact nutrition has a big role in the baby's health. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/06/2019 7:30 pm
elevee
Trusted Member

Have you read Nourishing Traditions, by Sally Fallon? She talks a lot about the role of nutrition in development and beauty. Her work is based on that of Weston Price, and I'm pretty sure Mike Mew has presented to the Weston Price society. The ideas certainly are closely linked. 

Basically the work of Weston Price suggests that optimal development depends on few characteristics of the diet: heavy use of animal fats, the presence of ocean foods, the sprouting and fermenting of grains, lots of lactofermentation generally, and the absence of processed flours and sugars. Such a diet necessarily has a lot  of hard foods. It's also, in the United States, a rich-person diet. And I think you'll notice that nearly all models were born and raised in families that are at least solidly middle class. Generational poverty has a distinct look, and it's not optimal beauty. You need good nutrition from infancy to grow bones like a model.

That said, it's not that nutrition is more important, it's more like both are necessary. Just because you see a model drinking shakes and slouching doesn't mean she did it since she was born. Most likely she grew up eating veggie sticks, fresh fruit, steak and salads. Rich people food. And most likely she grew up doing childhood sports and having play dates with peers, not sitting indoors watching TV. Rich people's kids don't, for the most part, because their parents have the means to make sure their development isn't left to chance. And she's likely very thin, which means her bones are even more evident than they would be.

This post was modified 3 months ago by elevee
ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/06/2019 8:21 pm
Freddie liked
Slinky
Trusted Member

it has to be tongue posture. I noticed a lot of people with well developed faces always close their mouths after talking or in between sentences. John Mew also talks about this in his book i believe

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/06/2019 11:24 pm
Share:

As you undergo correction in the near future, please consider keeping records for your own sake and for others. Pictures of dental impressions, scans, medical reports reports can be very helpful even with all personally identifying information blocked out.

Your input could help many, many people

Face Development

Please Login or Register