Share:

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Is mewing easier without wisdom teeth?  

RSS
Loliboly
Eminent Member

My intermolar width is roughly 35-36 mm. However, despite having an average width, my teeth are reeeeally crowded(might post pictures later). Yet, I believe I am able to fit the posterior third at least somewhat on my palette. While I haven’t seen any expansion in my palette, my chin area has most definitely improved, approaching a 90 degree angle. Considering the severity of the crowding, I am starting to wonder if this improvement would have been possible for me if my upper wisdom teeth had erupted fully.

What do you think? Has anyone had any similar experience? Could having no wisdom teeth actually be beneficial to some?

Posted : 18/10/2019 4:12 am
harrykanemaxilla
Eminent Member

Wisdom teeth can definitely cause crowding of the teeth if there isn't enough space. However the palette is more narrow if the wisdom teeth are extracted. When wisdom teeth havent erupted, they wont take up space at the back of the pallet making mewing easier.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/10/2019 11:45 am
Loliboly
Eminent Member

Do you mean that the palette becomes more narrow with out wisdom teeth, or that you have to extract them if you have a narrow palette?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/10/2019 8:29 am
Goblin_slayer

Yes possibly if the wisdom teeth can block the tounge , but at the end of the day teeth are living tissue intertwined with the bone in your maxilla/mandible and  you want all of those suckers. Expansion expansion expansion  is what we need for no crowing , protrusion of teeth etc

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/10/2019 5:25 pm
Share:

Face Development

Please Login or Register