Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Is it possible to reverse Palate Expansion from Mewing?

jersey13

So - I was hard mewing (incorrectly on my part) & I found that I was pushing way too hard UPWARDS & not forward when swallowing, & I noticed on one particular hard swallow that I pushed my palate up WAY higher than it was (possibly resulting in 'Vaulted Palate'). It's hard to explain but I definitely felt my palate adjust on this one particular hard swallow.

It was late at night when I did this so I didn't notice anything major until the next morning when I woke up, my nose looked a lot bigger than it was before this. I'm guessing the upward expansion of the upper palate pushing up affected the nose, making it appear way more prominent than it was.

Doing some research I've noticed this is quite common in people who have mewed up more than forward.

Is there any chance that my palate would go back down to it's previous position if I cease to rest my tounge up there, or is palate expansion a permanent change that can't be undone?

Topic starter Posted : 15/08/2020 2:34 am
HealthMe

Do you have a source to back up your claim that you have to push forward during a swallow?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/08/2020 2:46 am
jersey13

@healthme No, I don't.

As mentioned I was likely mewing incorrectly (I'm new to this) & I was applying too much force upwards when swallowing - resulting in an expanded upper palate. My fault for implying that you need to push up & out when swallowing if that's incorrect, as opposed to natural tongue positioning.

I'm just asking whether the result of this would be permanent, or if there is any clinical/anecdotal evidence from people mewing & then stopping whether their face went back to or close to how it was prior to mewing.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 15/08/2020 2:54 am